Sheffield NHS vs private health care

I'm even more surprised at your comments if you are medically qualified. Are you saying that as a medically qualified person you have been for a consultation with the Dr mentioned and he prescribed something for you that you knew you didn't need? because that is the only way I can interpret the first part of your paragraph, anything else is conjecture, theorising or hearsay.

I don't mind anyone championing the NHS, parts of it are wonderful, but to do so to the exclusion of all the other options seems a bit blinkered.

I could give you a real first hand account of how the NHS wastes money and the 'limited resources' could be far better used.

As a medically qualified person I am bound by confidentiality issues and I am unable to give any more information except to say that one of my patients consulted this particular 'private GP' and very nearly lost their life.

I will not indulge your apparent need for an arguement. Cheerio:wave:

jealousy ?????????:loopy: must of had a lemon in your mouth while writing that :)

OOO think you misunderstand :loopy:, no jealousy here matey just a hard working member of the NHS .Whilst sympathetic to your plight, give a little respect to those who do their best for the ones who are not fortunate enough to be able to aford (and still apreciate) our free health system. I too can use many smiley icons :hihi: but prefer not to :rant: . I prescribe a chill pill (supplied by private practice.......at a cost) Get yourself to the States and check out their health system.............shame on you:D

As a medically qualified person I am bound by confidentiality issues and I am unable to give any more information except to say that one of my patients consulted this particular 'private GP' and very nearly lost their life.

I will not indulge your apparent need for an arguement. Cheerio:wave:

By the same token he helped save my friends life by being available out of hours, having a better idea of what was wrong than my friends GP and pointing us in the direction of the private sector which on this occasion actually did save my friends life.

Your sad 'cop out' of 'Cheerio' does nothing to explain your misleadingly worded posts. I don't want an argument just an acceptance that there are two sides to every story, something you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

jealousy ?????????:loopy: must of had a lemon in your mouth while writing that :)

OOO think you misunderstand :loopy:, no jealousy here matey just a hard working member of the NHS .Whilst sympathetic to your plight, give a little respect to those who do their best for the ones who are not fortunate enough to be able to aford (and still apreciate) our free health system. I too can use many smiley icons :hihi: but prefer not to :rant: . I prescribe a chill pill (supplied by private practice.......at a cost) Get yourself to the States and check out their health system.............shame on you:D

yawn zzzzzzzzzz :hihi:

By the same token he helped save my friends life by being available out of hours, having a better idea of what was wrong than my friends GP and pointing us in the direction of the private sector which on this occasion actually did save my friends life.

Your sad 'cop out' of 'Cheerio' does nothing to explain your misleadingly worded posts. I don't want an argument just an acceptance that there are two sides to every story, something you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

I agree with you on this one, although yes the nhs staff are pushed granted. And I will say there was one male nurse at the Northern General that is a real credit to them. He apologised for the fact I waited over an hour for any pain relief. And when I said it was ok didn't matter. He firmly told me it's not ok it is unacceptable. But end of the day money talks, you pay for the best you get the best in my eyes.

;)

yawn zzzzzzzzzz :hihi:

C'mon is that all you've got. "Don't give up on us baby"..........."Don't give up you know it's true...you gotta do what you wanna do".:hihi::loopy::rant::D

C'mon is that all you've got. "Don't give up on us baby"..........."Don't give up you know it's true...you gotta do what you wanna do".:hihi::loopy::rant::D

For one please do not call me baby, I aint anyones baby.

Secondly what do you want me to say, cos to be blaintently honest if I said what I was feeling I might well get barred from forum.

Thirdly: end of the day the nhs is a complete mess, and it is unfortunate that not everyone can get private health care.

I was once in the situation where I could not afford private health care, but my situations has changed and I now can.

I think the service should be available to all, not just those that can afford it. Everyone should be entitled to the same servise not just cos their able to pay.

Some of the staff do work well, but unfortunatly there is a large percentage that let the nhs down. :(

Edited by charlie9865

Secondly what do you want me to say, cos to be blaintently honest if I said what I was feeling I might well get barred from forum.

Thirdly: end of the day the nhs is a complete mess, and it is unfortunate that not everyone can get private health care.

I was once in the situation where I could not afford private health care, but my situations has changed and I now can.

I think the service should be available to all, not just those that can afford it. Everyone should be entitled to the same servise not just cos their able to pay.

Some of the staff do work well, but unfortunatly there is a large percentage that let the nhs down. :([/QUOT

For one you were you're parents baby ...once upon a time.

Secondly I don't want you to say anything just accept you are one lucky charlie, :hihi: . Thirdly; we all know the NHS has got some problems largely brought about by the government in many different ways, and THEY'RE (correct grammer) the ones who can help, but only by listening to the real problems by the people who work for and use the service. Don't slate the service give "constructive critisism" instead and,,,,,,,,,,,,..................zzzzzzzzzzzz ooo i've lost the will take care now...:hihi:

Edited by Maniac man
oops

Some of the staff do work well, but unfortunatly there is a large percentage that let the nhs down. :([/QUOT

For one you were you're parents baby ...once upon a time.

Secondly I don't want you to say anything just accept you are one lucky charlie, :hihi: . Thirdly; we all know the NHS has got some problems largely brought about by the government in many different ways, and THEY'RE (correct grammer) the ones who can help, but only by listening to the real problems by the people who work for and use the service. Don't slate the service give "constructive critisism" instead and,,,,,,,,,,,,..................zzzzzzzzzzzz ooo i've lost the will take care now...:hihi:

ouch, lol. Do you keep toilet roll beside ya as your typing, you need to wipe your mouth :hihi::hihi: Your posts are so fussy I do not get them and your quote tags never work what is it with that????

I have given my point you gave yours you win on this one, and yes I do see my self as very lucky. Oh and I fell asleep a few posts back :) take care now babe . mwah x x x

Edited by charlie9865

No because my acutual gp gave me antibotics not the right ones though. The doctor at the private clinic saw I ad yellow phlegm and was obviously very poorly after being like this for a stupid ammount of time. So he just didnt give it me to get rid of me at all and cos he felt he had to. I needed the 500mg tablets when my gp had used the 250mg and after being faffed around with an appointment to go back I gave in with them

And if he had given me nothing I would of gone home and coped but you know your on body and know when summit aint right.

So your NHS GP did give you antibiotics, you stopped taking them, and you're blaming them?

Nope took them they didn't work hence me getting worse going hospital and ending up going private x