Garden Centre Recommendations :)

OMG ... you want a GARDEN CENTRE ..... if you want a day out go to ALTON TOWERS fab rides and great places to eat .... but if you want a GARDEN CENTRE go to a GARDEN CENTRE and not a garden centre cum cafe cum amusement for kids cum animal farm......... where do they get the money to pay for the extra stuff...???????

Nitts away for 3 month and i have to get rid of excess energy somehow....

My favourite is either, Dobbies at Barlboro, or Dukeries at Worksop, either place takes at least a day to see everything they sell.

Cannon Hall Garden Centre - Barnsley

There is a guy there called Scott who has a fantastic knowledge of plants and is always happy to have a chat.

Sorry thats me....

The only garden centres i frequent are ones that sell fish like dobbies or the duckeries or wards or one's that sell exotic plants like ferndale

New Leaf Nurseries is my favourite on the road to Ferndale, not sure re coffee shop tho

I like loxley garden centre.

Wards Garden Centre is good. As well as the garden centre they have an aquatics and a cafe. The hot chocolate is fab!!!

When I search for seeds in the spring my choice is Wards at Coal Aston - the third one on top of the hill - as they have the biggest range and the plants they sell seem to be more robust than other places

My parents have just reopened the garden centre opposite the Door Moor Inn in Dore, Sheffield. They have a large range of stock and there is a coffee shop on site.

Reighton Nursery, just south of Scarborough. I called in on the way home from a short break in Scarborough after being recommended by a friend. I'm not suggesting this as a day out / visit, but if you're ever in the area it is well worth popping in.

I have an allotment and visit lots of local nurseries and garden centres and the prices here and choice were the best I've ever seen. We filled the car with bargains.

My favourite local place would have to be High Riggs at Stannington. It's not massive but that makes it a quicker operation which I like because I prefer to spend my time gardening not shopping.