Garden Centre Recommendations :)

OK so I am after you recommendations for good garden centres that preferably have a coffee shop!!!

Happy to travel anywhere between sheff side of barnsley and chesterfield! Me and my mum love nothing more than to browse the plants - with a coffe stop in the middle - so... where is your fav place to go???

Thanks in advance :)

Wentworth garden center is lovely

PSI nursery at Braithwell is lovely for a wander round and the tearoom is lovely with fab meals! http://www.psinursery.co.uk/

There is also another great Garden Centre round the corner but no cafe.

The one at Coal Aston has a lovely coffee shop, Ferndale I think it's called. And there's another, smaller one, on the road out to Eckington.

There's also Tickhill and Oldcotes garden centres if you fancy a trip out this way.

Been to chatworth many a time and a bit worried it will be heaving with tourists!!

Yes ferndale is fab - think Ive taken mum there before... will check out some of the others :)

Kep the suggestions coming - I will work my way round them all eventually!!

edit - no wentworth is the garden centre I havent been to - I was confusing it with the mill in chesterfield for some reason.

Think we will try wentworth as I have wanted to go there - anyone know what its like pricewise etc. Is there plenty to see... I like a good long mooch round the plants!! lol

Edited by sezbetz

If you fancy a trip to the Peak District , there's Riverside Herb centre , on Castleton Rd , just through Hathersage. They have a lovely cafe and a delicatessen. The cafe has a large bird table outside the window so as you can watch birds and squirrels feed.

Further along on the same road , opposite side , is another larger garden centre (can't remember the name) which also has a cafe.

If you fancy a trip to the Peak District , there's Riverside Herb centre , on Castleton Rd , just through Hathersage. They have a lovely cafe and a delicatessen. The cafe has a large bird table outside the window so as you can watch birds and squirrels feed.

Oooh yes - I have picked up some lovely herbs here and some unusual plants that you don't tend to see in other garden centres (I got some red hot pokers last time I visited). The coffee shop is lovely too.

Brilliant thread, saved me starting one. I' m coming to Sheffield soon and want to look for some oblong planters but don't know any garden centres (preferably with a cafe) in or around Sheffield. Earlier this year a garden centre out near Bradfield was mentioned but I can't remember what it was called. Does anyone know which one I mean?

Brilliant thread, saved me starting one. I' m coming to Sheffield soon and want to look for some oblong planters but don't know any garden centres (preferably with a cafe) in or around Sheffield. Earlier this year a garden centre out near Bradfield was mentioned but I can't remember what it was called. Does anyone know which one I mean?

There's Reingold Garden Centre and Loxley Garden Centre - both on Loxley Road heading from Malin Bridge to Bradfield. (Both have nice coffee shops too :) )

OK There are a few new places to visit on this thread now!!! Mum will have to mke the trip over a few times I think!!

The ones in or near hathersage ar up the road from a family member so been there before - both are very nice for anyone else thats looking for somewhere but seem to remember herb places cafe bit being pricey?? Might be wrong though.

We are going to try wentworth so will give my verdict at the end of next week :)

Keep the sugestions coming though - I can drag the family round the other places!!

Chimay - cant think of anywhere near bradfiels off the top of my head... with have a think.