Whats wrong with Southey Hall Road?

Hi all,

I was wondering what was wrong with southey hall road? the parts where the houses are higher off the road behind the railings if you know what i mean. Houses on there seem to go to people with quite a small amount of waiting time, compared to all other parts of southey.

I know we could get a house fairly easily on there judging by past waiting time applicants, most less waiting time than us but we haven't in case theres a problem with it?

Is it a bad road or something, or a people picky about being off the road behind railings so they can't have potential for a drive?

Thanks in advance :)

Oh my, thanks for info :thumbsup:

No I have no idea on the area.

No wonder houses keep coming up there then is it!

Thanks i will stay well clear because ive got a little one to think about as well

I know what you mean about the council as well, I've heard all sorts about their housing strategies!

I know what you mean about the council as well, I've heard all sorts about their housing strategies!

go on tell us what you've heard, these things are usually from someone who knows a bloke who knows a bloke, and usually amount to bull

incidently there is nothing wrong with Southey Hall Road that you dont find in every other area in Sheffield its not perfect but no area is free from the occasional idiot

go on tell us what you've heard, these things are usually from someone who knows a bloke who knows a bloke, and usually amount to bull

incidently there is nothing wrong with Southey Hall Road that you dont find in every other area in Sheffield its not perfect but no area is free from the occasional idiot

They are family member's experiences when they worked for them and friend's current situations. I will not say what they are because that would start a debate and would be off topic as I was only wondering about the road.

I would feel better if it was bull, that would be nice. However I do tend to trust family, so it is hard to ignore.

I take your comments on board about the road as well I really have no experience of the area.

My aunty lives on SHR and has done for years. She has not had any trouble. One experience for one is not the same for the other. She never gets people doing anything to her house. Mainly because she isn't a smack head or drug dealer ;).

Thanks that is reassuring too, might be a case of see for yourself then:thumbsup:

I know that in most areas like this you keep yourself to yourself then its ok.

the end near the park is ok its not that bad, its the other end that is shockin, my sister moved of there years ago cos smackheads were goin an askin for drugs wen actually it were 3 doors down where the dealers lived. she had my neice to think about so moved

the end near the park is ok its not that bad, its the other end that is shockin, my sister moved of there years ago cos smackheads were goin an askin for drugs wen actually it were 3 doors down where the dealers lived. she had my neice to think about so moved

:loopy: so are you saying that if she lived near the park she wouldnt encounter any drug addicts.. what no .. i didnt think so, stupid post

yes if you live on the park side youre fine. lived here five years and no trouble. we all work on this side