Bullies in Lowedges Park

I hav'nt read all of this thread but has anyone suggested that the OP could actually go to the park with there child and spend some time with them instead of just leaving them to entertain themselves??? Dont wana push it but you could walk all the way to Graves park with your child and do one of several activities that would give you and your child a better bond, pitch n putt, tennis, walk around the animals play football etc, geeeeezzz.

Maybe the OP's kids are too old to drag their parents around with them? Maybe they work?

The approach to a problem like this should be making sure the park is a safe place to be not in chaperoning kids because it's not safe to let them out unsupervised.

As i have said we have reported it on a number off occations and nothing ever happens so this time we have started taking pictures and keeping a diary of what is happening as we have been advised to. And again as i mentioned just making other parents in the area aware of what is happening and may happen to there children. We have had 3 years off it so i am not moaning at wall just making others aware.

Firstly I would like to reassure everyone that incidents such as those described are very rare in Lowedges( Greenhill) Park. I would also like to reassure the OP that we do take these matters very seriously. However as mentioned throughout the thread if it is not reported to the Police then it is impossible for us to deal with the problem. The OP submitted a post yesterday evening at 7.24pm saying he was going to report it. To date is remains unreported. I would really urge the family to report this matter to us as a matter of urgency so that we can try and prevent their son suffering any further bullying.

There are now different avenues open to us to deal with problems such as those described. As well as the traditional prosecution we have also successfully utilised restorative justice options and community justice panels. Also we work closely with Sheffield Homes staff to enforce tenancy conditions against offending families. If we can prove that a particular child or family are involved in anti-social behaviour or bullying then the ultimate sanction can be eviction for the family. This recently happened on Lowedges so it is a real solution in certain circumstances. However everything as always revolves around evidence and therefore the need to report.

On the wider issues raised, this week sees Lowedges Week of Action with additional Police resources and staff from partner agencies working on the estate. Today for example we have mounted officers on patrol and officers from RPG ( traffic dept) deploying ANPR equipment on the estate. The shops on the terminus have long attracted complaints of anti-social behaviour which is why my staff were out last night talking to people and offering reassurance.

Thanks for your continued support

So who is telling the truth.

He says he has reported the assaults a number of times but nothing has been done(which would not surprise me) but the police say there has been no reports regarding this.

Somebody is telling porkies.

Firstly, paul i hope you get this sorted mate because it's an absolut disgrace that this thing is being allowed to happen and i truly hope that it ends soon.

Iamchichi i have read all your post's and i agree with what your saying and ignore the moron trying to say thing's that you clearly do not mean, look at some of his other posts and you will understand.

Now the Police? how will we know who is telling the truth? i for one will not take the side of the police because they are not all innocent like they will have you think. I also know that not all officers are bad and do a decent job.

Maybe the Police could comment on which officer that stole my tax disc from the compound and cashed it in? took me over 2yrs to find out where it got stolen from, it was cashed in and let's say the Police and the dvla have tried like mad to cover up who it is and although i have made numerous payments over the yrs for imformation that normally one could get within weeks. I will not stop until the police come clean.

The story above is just to let you know that the sun does not shine out the Police backside and that they are not always to be trusted.

But if the police don't know that this is happening how can you expect them to catch the offenders?:confused:

The police couldn't care less the exact same thing happened to me when i was younger in Lowedges park i ended up having to go to hospital they arrested the lads responsible but they got a slap on the wrist the police are a complete waste of space, the only alternative is to give the bullys a taste of there own medicine.

keep your storeys 2 yourself i liv nxt 2 park nothing like this happens

Well you are either blind deaf or dumb one of them because i can assure you this has been going on for donkeys years because i was beaten up in Lowedges park by a gang when i was younger,i ended up having to to hospital.

I would get your facts right before you start having a dig at people.

You called the person a liar because they stated that the particular crime is rare.

If you was a person responsible for statistics, and those statistics showed that a particular crime was rare, you would say that that particular crime was rare.

I would believe the police statistics more than someone who is ranting on a forum. Unless maybe you have conducted your own research into the numbers of unreported crime of this type? In which case, I'd urge you to publish your report.

It isn't rare though i know full well it isn't because i grew up on Lowedges and have seen it first hand plus i got beaten up myself by a gang so don't try & tell me these kind of incidents are rare because that is aload of rubbish, the only reason people don't hear about the incidents is because the perpetrators always get away with it and get a slap on the wrist SYP are a total waste of space.

keep your storeys 2 yourself i liv nxt 2 park nothing like this happens

Do you work for a Merchant Bank ?

Nope, not frustrated at all. I do however, see no need for people to play the role of the white knight simply because I replied to a police officer.

I haven't said it's as bad as an epidemic, but if we look at the facts of this thread alone...

The OP has made it clear that this has been a regular occurence, only for the police to brush it off with "It very rarely happens".

Now anyone with any common sense realises that only one of those can be true.

Do you agree?

I'm sure most people understand that stats do not tell a full story. That would be like saying that rape rarely happens because it is very rarely reported. We all know that not to be the case.

I agree with you. A lot of people arguing against you here are doing so almost solely for arguments sake. The police do the best they can with the statistics they recieve, and to those saying "how can they know about unreported crimes!?" the answer is they can't, so they cant make statements like "it rarely happens". While that may be what their statistics say, in reality it is quite widely known that many if not most crimes go unreported (a fact all police are aware of). To say it "rarely happens" is insulting to the families of those who are affected, which I believe is what riled the poster.

Bottom line is - if you are the victim of a crime you MUST report it because the Police are a statistics based organization. However, if you are a Police officer you need to begin to accept that every problem is usually, if not always, far worse than your statistics say and should be taken seriously.

The story above is just to let you know that the sun does not shine out the Police backside and that they are not always to be trusted.

I agree and it is the copper that I think is telling porkies to cover up for their lack of action on this matter.

The police couldn't care less the exact same thing happened to me when i was younger in Lowedges park i ended up having to go to hospital they arrested the lads responsible but they got a slap on the wrist the police are a complete waste of space, the only alternative is to give the bullys a taste of there own medicine.

The police aren't responsible for determining the punishment - it's the courts. The police are frustrated as the public - they work hard to get evidence and put a case to court and then the courts dole out 'slaps on the wrists'.

Imagine how that must feel day in day out.

The police aren't responsible for determining the punishment - it's the courts. The police are frustrated as the public - they work hard to get evidence and put a case to court and then the courts dole out 'slaps on the wrists'.

Imagine how that must feel day in day out.

Nothing like making excuses up for them is there :roll:

Nothing like making excuses up for them is there :roll:

Not making excuses - they are the facts.