HELP my locking nuts are stuck on

after having new tyres 5mths ago thet must have sheared the key so now i cant get my wheel off and ive got a nail in my tyre!!!! and no code in the box for a replacement 1,and vauxhall cant help other than say you will have to have it drilled off!!! can any 1 help plz

You should be able to get one of THESE from any motor factor shop

thanks my husband on the phone to them as we speak!!!!!

They DO work!:thumbsup:

Depends if it has sleeve round the nut which turns independently to the nut its self ?

if not...... hammer a slightly smaller socket on to the locking nut

So now the next question is. Whats the point of lock nuts?

So now the next question is. Whats the point of lock nuts?

Just what i was thinking when I bought a set of these, but to get the locking wheel nut out of the tool I did need a vice to hold the wheel nut while the tool was unscrewed back off the nut. A vice would be a trifle heavy for a car thief to carry about with him.

Just what i was thinking when I bought a set of these, but to get the locking wheel nut out of the tool I did need a vice to hold the wheel nut while the tool was unscrewed back off the nut. A vice would be a trifle heavy for a car thief to carry about with him.

It is the time factor too.

yep theres a collar,we just tried the socket but thats stuck on now!!!!!!!!!!!! plz help:confused:

yep theres a collar,we just tried the socket but thats stuck on now!!!!!!!!!!!! plz help:confused:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:...get this on video I need a good laugh!:D

Hi I had this problem a few weeks ago. I took it to Charlie Brown, Abbeydale, and a mechanic managed to force it off. There is a tool called Dynomec, that moulds itself to the nut that some mechanics have, including the AA though. The manufacturer is based somewhere up in Castleford and will unlock your nuts for a reasonable price apparently.