Best Pub in Sheffield?

Norfolk Street.

Good boozer. I like a pint of Sam Smith's.

As do I. Sovereign is so damn drinkable!

I'd sooner lay face down in a gutter when its raining and sup the overflow from the drains! :D:o

Gosh! the anger when i mentioned Carling Premier. It was well worth throwing into the discussion. I could have mentioned Stella (even though its bloody awful stuff), that would have wound you all up.

In defence of you real ale weirdo ticker types. The best pint i ever had was a pint of Robinsons Old Tom straight from the barrel which was placed on the bar top. The Venue. The Good Doctor / Old Toad on Hoyle Street, does anyone remember it. I spent a large part of my formative years in there before it closed. i then spent the next chunk of those formative years drinking in the fat cat. So i do know my real ales. I just prefer it cold and fizzier these days

Similar story with me. 30 years old, first joined CAMRA at the GBBF in London when I was 22. I let my membership lapse last year for financial reasons but I'm fairly sure I will be rejoining CAMRA again at some point.

I should also point out that I am not in posession of a beard!

Same here 28 and Camra member (although I have a beard, unrelated to beer). Sheffield is unbeatable for Real Ale pubs. The Sheffield Tap is an experience not to be missed.

Kelham Island area is great (prefer Harlequin and Fat Cat to the Tavern), as is Henry's, Dev Cat, Rutland Arms, Bath Hotel, Sheaf View

the hen and chickens in town near the markets, an......'interesting' pub

Give the Brown Bear a try the cheapest pub in town full of characters not to everyones taste (the beer and people!) just up from the crucible the street name eludes me get drunk for a tenner!

I've personally never found the 'characters' to be particularly bad - when I go in it's usually full with all sorts of people (loads of young backpackers the last time I was in), and I've always found the landlady friendly.

It's a good place to go and warm up by the fire if you're out and about in town on a cold winter's day (*looks outside* Or summer's day!).

the hen and chickens in town near the markets, an......'interesting' pub

On what road is this please?

As do I. Sovereign is so damn drinkable!

Thought you liked real ale!

the fat cat at kelham island, i know its not an original sugestion but a great pub with a top sellection of ales on offer.

Thornbridge now have 'The Greystones' (was Highcliffe) in Greystones and have about 6 of their beers on at Trippets

Oh and The York in Broomhill has been taken over and sells a fair few ales

Personal faves.....

Place at Broomhill for a cheap pint

York at Broomhill for good food with nice beer selection

Dev Cat / Sheff Tap to be spoilt for choice

Kelham Island Tav for one of the best pubs in UK (official :D)

Also like Old House as an all rounder and Milestone for Sunday brunch / reading the papers and Riverside to sit next to river on a sunny afternoon!