Should Ebuyer be reported for this?

Although probably unethical, I highly doubt its illegal or that they have broken any rules. At the end of the day, if they are being dishonest about the reviews left then just shop at Amazon instead.

I'm looking at putting in reviews on my website, but as someone earlier pointed out, it's ME who could get in trouble if someone wrote something about someone that is derogatory.

No its not and that is highlighted by Argos having negative reviews on their site which is hosted in the UK.

Reported to who, and what are these "rules" you refer to? Do they have any legal basis?

...didn't think so ;)

Department of trade and industry maybe or perhaps the Office of Fair Trading?

You could start with the trades description act or the sales of goods act maybe.

You could start with the trades description act or the sales of goods act maybe.

As I said earlier why are reviews on there different to film/book reviews..you never seem to see a bad one on the book cover....

I was wondering id Ebuyer should be reported for their policy of removing all bad reviews of their products from their site. The likes of Amazon etal allow both positive and negative reviews of the products they stock or sell. However I know for a fact Ebuyer delete all negative reviews.

Exactly the same as Overclockers.co.uk. One of the reasons I don't use them.

Neither of those would be interested unless the reviews that are visible, are either fraudulent, or written by the vendor himself.

There's no obligation for a website to publish reviews at all, and there's certainly no obligation to publish bad ones.

As I said earlier why are reviews on there different to film/book reviews..you never seem to see a bad one on the book cover....

A book cover or DVD has only a limited amount of space, while the internet obvious does not. Also, reviews on books and DVD's are 99% of the time from reputable sources that can be substantiated. Reviews on a website come from the end user / other people who have the same product.

Removing bad reviews is both unethical, but more importantly is misleading to the customer.

A book cover or DVD has only a limited amount of space, while the internet obvious does not. Also, reviews on books and DVD's are 99% of the time from reputable sources that can be substantiated. Reviews on a website come from the end user / other people who have the same product.

Removing bad reviews is both unethical, but more importantly is misleading to the customer.

So are saying that no bad reviews are ever given for books/films or that the producers/publishers decline to print them..? If the former then I don't believe it,if the latter then what is the difference between ebuyer and the film/book producers?

Neither of those would be interested unless the reviews that are visible, are either fraudulent, or written by the vendor himself.

There's no obligation for a website to publish reviews at all, and there's certainly no obligation to publish bad ones.

It would be acceptable if Ebuyer removed all reviews, but to only publish the good ones is wrong in my opinion and is painting a very different picture to prospective consumers. In essence they are hiding information about their products.

It would be acceptable if Ebuyer removed all reviews, but to only publish the good ones is wrong in my opinion and is painting a very different picture to prospective consumers. In essence they are hiding information about their products.

No,they're doing what every business does....highlighting the positives of their goods...

So are saying that no bad reviews are ever given for books/films or that the producers/publishers decline to print them..? If the former then I don't believe it,if the latter then what is the difference between ebuyer and the film/book producers?

I suppose the only way to compare is if there is an official site for one Book/Film that takes reviews. I cant think of any personally, if you can please link it, but if there is not, I refer back to my original answer that Books and DVD's have limited space for reviews. While the likes of Ebuyer / Argos / Amazon do not, but only Ebuyer from that list filters its reviews.

No,they're doing what every business does....highlighting the positives of their goods...

Every business? Amazon and Argos both publish negative reviews.

Every business? Amazon and Argos both publish negative reviews.

Do Amazon actually sell or are they more of a "marketplace" these days?...genuine question....