Sheffield Fayre 2010 - 29 & 30 August - Norfolk Park

Thanks to all participants for a great day out. I managed to get my hubby to go for the first time ever, yey. We were able to park in the disabled area so he managed to walk down to the re-enactment areas but then couldn't stand long enough to watch for long -must remember to take a camping seat next time!

Thanks very much for all the kind words - I'm a Sheffield based re-enactor with the ACWS.

If anyone fancies having a go instead of spectating next year we can be contacted via the web if you google 19thIndiana (uk) . We'll kit you out and train you up - and we're infantry so you can't fall off!

The chap on the horse is fine btw (bruising and concussion).

Hope to see you all next year - agree about the publicity tho, very poor! The only reason I knew the event was going on was that I was taking part!.

I have been going to this every year, even though it isn't that well advertised it always runs the august bank holiday sunday and monday, I used to go to one in Graves Park until they stopped doing it and paid to get in and the one and Norfolk Park is miles better and free. I'm 24 and always watch the re-enactments think they're brilliant and so does my 21 month old daughter. To say it isn't well advertised there was plenty of people there and every years the same.

IMGP9016.jpg

Are you the one on the left or the right busman? I'd have come and said hello if I knew you were there!:D

It was a fantastic day - I've put it on my calandar for next year already.

There's another free show next Sunday, 12 - 5, Ecclesfield Gala at Ecclesfield Park. Sorry no re-enachment, but arena displays,Majorettes etc,charity stalls,children's funfair, dog show, vintage cars etc and much more.

Raising funds for Mcmillan Nurses.

And the weekend after, also free is Rotherham Show at Clifton Park.

i've heard that next year the fayre is going to be moved,i've been going every year except this cause my partner broke her neck so couldn't go but i've heard its going to weston park and theres going to be a entrance fee so i don't no how true it is so could anybody tell me who knows if this is true thanks mick

I hear this rumour every year so all I can suggest is keep an eye on this forum next year to find out where the fair is.

Went on Monday and it was much better than I expected!!

Needs much more publicity

I'm so glad the rider is ok. Thanks for letting us know :thumbsup:

Are you the one on the left or the right busman? I'd have come and said hello if I knew you were there!:D

It was a fantastic day - I've put it on my calandar for next year already.

Iam the one BEHIND the camera