Sheffield Fayre 2010 - 29 & 30 August - Norfolk Park

I might even go back today for a couple of hours, weather looks wonderful better gt me picnic stuff out!:)

We go every year and it's usually a good way to spend a few hours.

Going today. Hope the weather holds out.:D

Just to let everyone know we do have disabled parking in the Guildford Avenue Car park, for blue badge holders, and we do have mobility scooters available for hire (free of charge) from Centre in the Park. (0114 2860400)

Its looking great despite the weather. :)

oooh now you tell us lol. We took her by tram in the end.

I also thought the poor chap who fell from his horse was part of the show. I do hope he's ok - one of the participants told us that he'd fallen on his sword :(

There's about 10/15 spaces nearby the rest are spaces for residents of the area.

As someone who lives nearby I take issue with you advising people park on the surrounding roads as it's been a nightmare today with people blocking the roads/paths and generally parking where they like.

If you can't sort out parking for an event of this size then you shouldn't hold the event in the first place.

Although I agree that the council should provide adequate parking for any event they are holding, I think you'll find that anyone paying road tax has the right to park anywhere it is allowed, wether you live there or not.

I'm sure if the council are aware they haven't provided any parking, they will have plenty of traffic wardens out fining those parking illegally - they might be idiots in alot of respects, but not where hitting the drivers wallet is concerned.

They have to fund their christmas parties somehow.

Although I agree that the council should provide adequate parking for any event they are holding, I think you'll find that anyone paying road tax has the right to park anywhere it is allowed, wether you live there or not.

I'm sure if the council are aware they haven't provided any parking, they will have plenty of traffic wardens out fining those parking illegally - they might be idiots in alot of respects, but not where hitting the drivers wallet is concerned.

They have to fund their christmas parties somehow.

Which is why I'm talking about people parking on double yellows/private parking spaces/ grass verges and pavements

Just got back from Sheffield Fayre in Norfolk Heritage Park and have to say it was a great day out - and free admission too! I'd recommend it to everyone to go next year.

Thankyou to all concerned.

Only Criticism for next year is that parking needs sorting out, and Publicity needs improving, so more people know about it.

we live locally and go every year a great day out for the whole family.xx

we went aswell and thought it was really good, unfortunatly couldnt stay long as our dog dont like loud bangs and i forgot all about the war reinactments with there rather loud gun shots:o so had to leave cause dog was stressing, but will definatly go again next year minus the dog and enjoy everything

i've heard that next year the fayre is going to be moved,i've been going every year except this cause my partner broke her neck so couldn't go but i've heard its going to weston park and theres going to be a entrance fee so i don't no how true it is so could anybody tell me who knows if this is true thanks mick

Only Criticism for next year is that parking needs sorting out, and Publicity needs improving, so more people know about it.

I couldn't agree more especially about the parking.

Guildford Rise, opposite the top park entrance, doesn't have many parking spaces and those there should be for the residents only as signs suggest.

As for the publicity, I have not seen any at all and I cant recall if it was promoted in The Star beforehand either.

Spectacular and noisy it was! :D