Sheffield Fayre 2010 - 29 & 30 August - Norfolk Park

what is this fayre about? I was passing in the area yesterday infact and me and my mom were looking at the sign curiously ..maybe I don't get out enough lol.

worth taking a look anyone?

very enjoyable. FAR better then any of the other fayres/ extravaganza's this year.

very enjoyable. FAR better then any of the other fayres/ extravaganza's this year.

here here really enjoyed it and kids loved it .....hope the man who fell from the horse is ok looked very serious ................

here here really enjoyed it and kids loved it .....hope the man who fell from the horse is ok looked very serious ................

me too, thought it was part of the show at first but must`ve been pretty bad. lets hope he`s ok.

on a brighter note tho, we had a fab time. the re-enactments were fantastic just the right amount of fair/stalls and stuff to look at.:D

Hi

In answer to your questions...

- yes there will be a beer tent which shouldn't run out of beer! :cool:

- there is no on site car parking for events now, as we had our football pitches redeveloped. However this is not a permit parking area, so visitors can park on the surrounding roads no problem. Please park with consideration for our neighbours. :D

There's about 10/15 spaces nearby the rest are spaces for residents of the area.

As someone who lives nearby I take issue with you advising people park on the surrounding roads as it's been a nightmare today with people blocking the roads/paths and generally parking where they like.

If you can't sort out parking for an event of this size then you shouldn't hold the event in the first place.

There's about 10/15 spaces nearby the rest are spaces for residents of the area.

As someone who lives nearby I take issue with you advising people park on the surrounding roads as it's been a nightmare today with people blocking the roads/paths and generally parking where they like.

If you can't sort out parking for an event of this size then you shouldn't hold the event in the first place.

i parked on Granville road and there was plenty of room all day.

i parked on my mates drive who lives off granville rd so i was ok there were a hell of a lot of cars parked all over tho ...as i went in there was a car park chaging 2.50 for the day only aboute 5 cars in it tho. behind the old captive queen

i parked on my mates drive who lives off granville rd so i was ok there were a hell of a lot of cars parked all over tho ...as i went in there was a car park chaging 2.50 for the day only aboute 5 cars in it tho. behind the old captive queen

thats where we parked, was chocka on the side rds.

thats where we parked, was chocka on the side rds.

i would have deffo parked there if my mate hadnt lived down there ..2.50 sucure parking bargin ..tho most poeple didnt want to pay

what is this fayre about? I was passing in the area yesterday infact and me and my mom were looking at the sign curiously ..maybe I don't get out enough lol.

worth taking a look anyone?

Get yourself down there.

Considering that it is free, it is one of the best events of the year.

The re-enactments are getting more polished and the shows from the Fairground Archives are worth a visit alone:

The Flea Circus

Cleo - The Girl in a Fishbowl

Yvette - The Headless Woman

The International Monsters

The Insect Circus Museum

.... Fantastic!

We saw the guy flying from the horse ... and thought "Bloody 'ell. They're getting good at this!"

But they all moved into emergency mode very quickly and very professionally.

The steward that I spoke to later said that he had landed badly on some of his 'equipment' or 'weaponry'.

it was a very good day out, especially for free. we saw the horse incident, the announcer said the guy was ok, glad to hear that. the horse in question was acting up just a minute or two before that incident, it looked very frisky. did everyone see the big tree that came down in the wind? it was diseased apparently, glad no-one was hurt there! if you didn't go today go tomorrow, it's really worth it!