What to do on Sunday 8th Aug for Daughters 4th bday?

Hey all

It's my daughters 4th b-day this wkend and we are still trying to think of somewhere to take her and my youngest (who is 1)!

We are taking her to the cinema Saturday,and having a little tea party Sunday but need something to do Sunday afternoon.

She would be content with a playground or whatever, or ball pool... we usually go to the beach but it's too far and we've been this year 3 times.. was thinking maybe Sherwood Forest but there's not much for little kids...

Any ideas for anywhere good for a 4yr old girl (and poss her 1yr old sis), that's within 40 miles of Sheffield?

ta x

i used to take mine to cannon hall farm (10 minutes off j37 m1)when they were little. There is a great play area split into two sections (big and small) and they can feed the animals and hold the rabbits. We would take a picnic and a football as there is a large grassed area to sit. I think its about £15 for a family of four although the little one may get in free.

There is also the Yorkshire wildlife park at Doncaster - not been to that since they re did it but Ive heard mixed reviews.

Anyway hope your daughter has a good day what ever you decide to do.

sharon

Isn't there an indoor play area opposite Sheffield United on John Street?

They have indoor climbing, slides and ball pools, swings etc and a coffee shop for the adults to relax. :)

Hi

Been to Cannon Hall lats year but good suggestion may see if she wnats to go there or Butterfly house, also I think that was Just 4 Kids or something but never been, think it;s shut isn;t it? But I know what you mean, there's a nice one called Kidz Kingdom near Crystal Peaks we have been to, also there's Junglemania which is a bit too manic for me and Monkey Business on Centertainment but not been to that one and it's supposed to be £££ . x

wheelgate near mansfield about £9 to get in but a wonderful day out 35miles

rothervallys ok. kids play area and not too expencive

We're pulling up the ragwort in the fields where our horses graze - you're more than welcome and it's free to get it

gullivers kingdom in matlock is great for that age group, its prob more of a full day than half tho, we took a picnic when we went, mums and dads can go on all rides too, I'd also def recommend cannon hall farm too, lovely place to visit,

Chatsworth have a farm and play area also.

have a lovely day

Bit late to this thread but we went to cannon hall on Friday and they have a maize maze going on to the left of the garden centre carpark.

Brill - really good value and loads of games for kids to play as well as the maze itself.

Could have stayed all day if we had taken a picnic.

Only one word of advice , dont go if raining as all outdoors and if damp - take your wellies as gets v muddy round the maze.

i agree rotha valley is good day out