Woodhouse Elections

Are they counting the votes today or doing the annoying thing were they count them the next morning? I do worry about the security of the vote when ballot boxes are left overnight in Council storage. Surely Candidates/members of political parties should be allowed to sit with them to ensure that no tampering goes on?

The votes will be counted as soon as polling stations close.

Thank god today is voting day.

Yes I have voted.

But I am sick of all the crap which has come through my door. Including today!!!

My blue bin is full. Talk about the waste!!

The votes will be counted as soon as polling stations close.

Thanks, let us know how it goes, would bet a lot of money that the Lib Dem vote will slump

labour party just phoned to ask if i would be voting for them, never had that before.

Labour party and Lib dems have both phoned today and we have had loads of flyer's and they even came calling house to house this evening. Then as we went to the polling station they were still walking round canvassing .

Thanks, let us know how it goes, would bet a lot of money that the Lib Dem vote will slump

In Woodhouse? What LibDem vote?

2010 Election, Woodhouse:

Labour: 3633 47.0%

LibDem 1693 21.9%

Conservative: 1118 14.5%

Green: 210 2.7%

Majority: 1940 25.1% Lab-LD

Gone are the days when they come round canvassing door to door told them that I hadn't made my mind up yet which is true.

In one hour you can possible speak to ten people going door to door. On the telephone you can speak to upwards of 60 people. You, the voters, are always complaining that candidates don't contact you. Now, a candidate is doing everything he can to contact as many people as possible, and you COMPLAIN! MAKE YOUR MIND UP!

In one hour you can possible speak to ten people going door to door. On the telephone you can speak to upwards of 60 people. You, the voters, are always complaining that candidates don't contact you. Now, a candidate is doing everything he can to contact as many people as possible, and you COMPLAIN! MAKE YOUR MIND UP!

Not complaining just surprised. We only got 1 flyer from UKIP no phone calls or canvassing for general election.

The Woodhouse by-election result was:

Labour 1,855 52.3% +5.3

Liberal Democrats 757 21.3% -0.5

UKIP 491 13.8% +4.3

Conservatives 154 4.3% -10.1

BNP 143 4.0% +4.0

Green 83 2.3% -0.4

Independent 58 1.6% +1.6

Turnout of 26.4%

Although the Labour vote was up, the anticipated collapse in the Lib Dem vote and surge in BNP support never materialised.

The Woodhouse by-election result was:

Labour 1,855 52.3% +5.3

Liberal Democrats 757 21.3% -0.5

UKIP 491 13.8% +4.3

Conservatives 154 4.3% -10.1

BNP 143 4.0% +4.0

Green 83 2.3% -0.4

Independent 58 1.6% +1.6

Turnout of 26.4%

Although the Labour vote was up, the anticipated collapse in the Lib Dem vote and surge in BNP support never materialised.

Thanks for posting, good to see a strong Labour performance and the Nazis loose their deposit.

Be more interesting to see LD performance in one of the many Lib Dem / Lab marginal seats, rather than this solid Labour seat.

The low turnout probably help saved the Lib Dems from further embarassment locally.

What a rubbish turn out as usual, i think people are just sick of the lies and see the elections as a waste of time because they tell u what u want to hear and then do sod all when they get in anyway

Thanks for posting, good to see a strong Labour performance and the Nazis loose their deposit.

Be more interesting to see LD performance in one of the many Lib Dem / Lab marginal seats, rather than this solid Labour seat.

The low turnout probably help saved the Lib Dems from further embarassment locally.

Where did the NAZIS stand?? I don't see any nazis do you???