Woodhouse Elections

hmmm 3 dont even live in s13.........and anothers handsworth, what do they know about the needs of woodhusers?

(says him near whitby :P)

At least mr pont lives in an area begining with W lol

I have just had a leaflet through our letter box from a BNP who has decided to run for the seat which the lovely Marjorie Barker occupied until her death. I have never read such a load of rubbish. For one thing, I wish that he had used his spell checker and the grammar, well words fail me

He talks about the halfway house, well if he actually lived in Woodhouse,he would know that some of the so called drunks and drug dealers who are running wild?? are actually not from the halfway house.

Does he not realise that St George was actually Turkish.

Another thing before I go, does Mr Pont not realise that his name is the french word for bridge.

Yes we do know St George is turkish but its still classed as an English celebration.

Yes he does, him family has been traced back to 1066 in Hastings when it got invaded by the French :loopy:

You don't have to vote for us, but everone has the right to campain for a seat in that Ward.

So how does David and Penny Baker (Lib Dems) sound ? How about the Brelsford family (Lib Dems) in Stocksbridge - mum Maureen, son Martin and wife Alison, all 3 have been councillors?

Maureen's husband, Malcolm was also a Lib-dem councillor in Stocksbridge, when I lived there. I lived a couple of hundred yards up the street from them, 20-odd years ago.

You don't have to vote for us, but everone has the right to campain for a seat in that Ward.

very true. Do you think you have a chance of winning?

I do agree the spelling and grammar is not great, but the principles he is standing for seem to be of genuine interest for the area and not at all racist as I was expecting.

I have just had a leaflet through our letter box from a BNP who has decided to run for the seat which the lovely Marjorie Barker occupied until her death. I have never read such a load of rubbish. For one thing, I wish that he had used his spell checker and the grammar, well words fail me

He talks about the halfway house, well if he actually lived in Woodhouse,he would know that some of the so called drunks and drug dealers who are running wild?? are actually not from the halfway house.

Does he not realise that St George was actually Turkish.

Another thing before I go, does Mr Pont not realise that his name is the french word for bridge.

Sorry this is the post I was replying to!

Edited by Hunty

hmmm 3 dont even live in s13.........and anothers handsworth, what do they know about the needs of woodhusers?

(says him near whitby :P)

There are many councillors who do a fantastic job for their communities who dont actually live in the area. Of course it is more difficult with traveliing but it doesn't mean that you dont know the people of an area and what their needs are.

It all depends on the ability of the councillor in my opinion and whether they are genuinely committed to serve the community.

There are some councillors who have stood in an area for years and know very little about what goes on as they take it for granted that they will automatically get elected due to the past ways of voting in an area, but this should not be taken for granted. People want to see councillors in their communities and to know they can get in touch when they have an issue that needs to be dealt with.

Local politics is different to National issues and this is where people can make a difference to what goes on in their own back yard so to speak.

So how does David and Penny Baker (Lib Dems) sound ? How about the Brelsford family (Lib Dems) in Stocksbridge - mum Maureen, son Martin and wife Alison, all 3 have been councillors?

Jackie Satur has been a Labour Party member in Woodhouse almost all her life. She has campaigned, helped with councillors' surgeries and been active on community groups. She lives in Woodhouse. She's brought her family up there. If you call this a stranglehold, I'm not sure you have a clear idea about what a local councillor actually does.

I can assure you that Mrs Satur HAS NOT been a Labour Party member in Woodhouse for MOST of her life.

Jackie Satur has been a Labour Party member in Woodhouse almost all her life. She has campaigned, helped with councillors' surgeries and been active on community groups. She lives in Woodhouse. She's brought her family up there. If you call this a stranglehold, I'm not sure you have a clear idea about what a local councillor actually does.

very strange you say she lives in woodhouse but the address given is handsworth im so very glad your not a postman we would never get our mail

very strange you say she lives in woodhouse but the address given is handsworth im so very glad your not a postman we would never get our mail

Check your facts. Jackie lives in Woodhouse ward and, as this is a thread about the local elections, I don't think that it matters who the postman is, unless he's a racist with the memory of a fruit fly.

Check your facts. Jackie lives in Woodhouse ward and, as this is a thread about the local elections, I don't think that it matters who the postman is, unless he's a racist with the memory of a fruit fly.

Looking at a map, I'd have classed it as Woodhouse anyway.

I take it, that comment was about me then?