Woodhouse Elections

I have just had a leaflet through our letter box from a BNP who has decided to run for the seat which the lovely Marjorie Barker occupied until her death. I have never read such a load of rubbish. For one thing, I wish that he had used his spell checker and the grammar, well words fail me

He talks about the halfway house, well if he actually lived in Woodhouse,he would know that some of the so called drunks and drug dealers who are running wild?? are actually not from the halfway house.

Does he not realise that St George was actually Turkish.

Another thing before I go, does Mr Pont not realise that his name is the french word for bridge.

he has a right to canvass for votes like anyone else, if you dont want to vote for him dont!

I get drivel sent through the door from Labour/Conservative/UKIP/Lib Dems, im not interested in them all yet i dont condem them for letting me know what they would do for the local area!

At least someone is trying to make things better for the local area, other than a bomb, i cant think of any other way to rid woodhouse of the vermin that lives there and affects the lives of the few decent people left.

Lets be honest here. Woodhouse is a wonderful little village. Its got good community spirit. All the groups claim to do good for the area, but if your honest you and I know what the BNP stands for. What we need is more people in the area to get involved in what is going on in the community.

There are a lot of decent people here, not all are vermin. Your right you dont have to vote for them, but labour has not done a bad job around here, and to be fair lets look at the present government, they promised the earth and now as normal is the poorer end of the scale that will suffer. Where is the justice in that

I have just had a leaflet through our letter box from a BNP who has decided to run for the seat which the lovely Marjorie Barker occupied until her death. I have never read such a load of rubbish. For one thing, I wish that he had used his spell checker and the grammar, well words fail me

He talks about the halfway house, well if he actually lived in Woodhouse,he would know that some of the so called drunks and drug dealers who are running wild?? are actually not from the halfway house.

Does he not realise that St George was actually Turkish.

Another thing before I go, does Mr Pont not realise that his name is the french word for bridge.

Where are they from? I see them parading past my house daily and think them might be from somewhere beginning with the letter B?

Lets be honest here. Woodhouse is a wonderful little village. Its got good community spirit. All the groups claim to do good for the area, but if your honest you and I know what the BNP stands for. What we need is more people in the area to get involved in what is going on in the community.

There are a lot of decent people here, not all are vermin. Your right you dont have to vote for them, but labour has not done a bad job around here, and to be fair lets look at the present government, they promised the earth and now as normal is the poorer end of the scale that will suffer. Where is the justice in that

Have I missed something? Give me S10 or N10 any day and I was born in S13.

here we go again

ding ding

round 2

It's another case of 'keep it in the family' for Labour. The labour candidate already has a husband who is a councillor for the Woodhouse seat. In addition there are Mr & Mrs Rooney who are both labour councillors. Make of that what you will.

here we go again

ding ding

round 2

Sorry. I suppose if you don't live on the quickest route to fags and booze, it may well be more tranquil.

Results from the Ward last time

Labour Raymond Michael Satur 3,633

Liberal Democrat Christopher Andrew Bingham 1,693

Conservative Laurence George Eyes Hayward 1,118

UKIP Jonathan William Arnott 739

English Democrats Derek Anthony Hutchinson 331

Green John Francis Grant 210

I got this from wikipedia. Three points: The Labour majority was large. The Libs who were in second are not popular locally or nationally at the moment. And the BNP don't appear to have contested this seat last time.

So I don't especially see what the fuss is about. Should be a convincing Labour win.

As for the BNP - they normally get a good number of votes - but I doubt it will be anything like enough to win. The best they could hope for is to knock the Libs into third. But I'm not sure they will even do that.

It's another case of 'keep it in the family' for Labour. The labour candidate already has a husband who is a councillor for the Woodhouse seat. In addition there are Mr & Mrs Rooney who are both labour councillors. Make of that what you will.

The pre-requisite for being a candidate for election is that you belong to the Labour party. Then there is a short-listing meeting of the local ward where all those who have expressed an interest are considered. This is followed by a selection meeting where those selected are interviewed, again by the local ward party members. A secret ballot is held and the winner is selected to fight the election.

Make of that what you will.

can't be a very active ward if two families have a stranglehold on 4 of the six seats. L whatever you say It looks bad to the general public,

Edited by Mo

But we live in a democracy and people vote with their feet, or with their pens.