Unofficial foodie meet. Weds Sept 1st 8 pm- JABU, London Road -

Chinese Fondue and dumpling house.

162 London Rd

Sheffield

S2 4LT

Ever fancied coming on a forum foodie meet but felt too scared to make that first move? Ever wanted to put a face to a forum username or get to know someone a little better while being surrounded by food, laughter and a warm atmosphere? Then this might just be for you!

It's always great to welcome people - old and new. So, whether you're a familiar face or a complete newbie, if you're at a loose end that night, why not give it a try?

We're a warm, friendly and welcoming bunch, so don't think you'll be sat on your own, staring at the walls. ;)

There are a couple of reviews for JABU here and here.

I strongly recommend that you read the reviews as they give insight into how things work around there.

If you wish to bring your own wine, there is a corkage charge of £2.00 per table which is more than reasonable

I normally try a place out before arranging a foodie meet as I like to ensure quality, but I've been told about this place so many times that I thought I'd take a chance. Hope it doesn't disappoint!

The table is booked for 8pm and I'll confirm final numbers a couple of days before.

If you want in, just drop me a PM. :)

*Just a couple of polite requests.

Firstly, please take responsibility in terms of paying for whatever you eat/any service charge if appt. We don't want to be left paying someone else's bill.

Secondly, No avoidable last minute cancellations/no shows please. I won't appreciate it and the restaurant certainly won't.

Definites:

Stagewalker/partner

Focusedhypno

KTHFB +1

Rad

SHsheff

GazE

Moke

DarrLaura

Shiesh

Ando

Dark Moomin +1

SplodgeyAl

Komal

Ednakrabappe

Itosan

Edited by sTaGeWaLkEr

I need to double check my diary but pretty sure I can make it!

oooooooh!

this is my favourite restaurant in sheffield! :D

please can i confirm later to the date- im not quite sure how my workload is going to pan out at the mo.

x

I need to double check my diary but pretty sure I can make it!

Goodo! :)

Count me in, please :)

Sorted! :)

oooooooh!

this is my favourite restaurant in sheffield! :D

please can i confirm later to the date- im not quite sure how my workload is going to pan out at the mo.

x

Nay worries love. x

Again I'm a provisional yes... would love to come but go back to work the day after so will have to confirm nearer the time. But at the moment can't see why not.

Some friends are going tomorrow night so i'll let you know their review. x

cool!

as a new-ish sheffielder with only a handful of connections up here, as well as a foodie, this sounds great! i'll see if i can clear it with my missus (so long as you don't mind a loudmouthed southerner coming along with a bottle of rioja.... :D)

sounds good, but still quite some time away!

why don't you keep this thread active and remind people days before event (so that you confirm booking) and we can confirm attendance?!

i'd love to try the fondue place, the steam inside the windows in winter is something to be envied about!

as a new-ish sheffielder with only a handful of connections up here, as well as a foodie, this sounds great! i'll see if i can clear it with my missus (so long as you don't mind a loudmouthed southerner coming along with a bottle of rioja.... :D)

bring the missus too!

i think you know a friend of mine- you had stalls next to each other recently....nanny may jewellery?

x

I've really been looking forward to the resumption of the foodie meets...really,really!

Unfortunately for me I will have to wait on because this clashes with something else...bugger!

Have a lovely evening folks...I'm sure you will!

Again I'm a provisional yes... would love to come but go back to work the day after so will have to confirm nearer the time. But at the moment can't see why not.

Some friends are going tomorrow night so i'll let you know their review. x

Okies, I'll put you down then and let me know nearer the time. :) x

cool!

You're more than welcome matey. Why don't you bring her along too? :)

sounds good, but still quite some time away!

why don't you keep this thread active and remind people days before event (so that you confirm booking) and we can confirm attendance?!

i'd love to try the fondue place, the steam inside the windows in winter is something to be envied about!

I always plan foodie meets a few weeks in advance to allow people to make plans. The thread will probably bubble away nicely till then anyway, but yeah, I'll refresh it a few days before the event. :)

Hope you can make it.

I've really been looking forward to the resumption of the foodie meets...really,really!

Unfortunately for me I will have to wait on because this clashes with something else...bugger!

Have a lovely evening folks...I'm sure you will!

I got your PM love, no worries. :)

bring the missus too!

i think you know a friend of mine- you had stalls next to each other recently....nanny may jewellery?

x

i do indeed know jemma (well, traded next to her and have her on facebook!). are you trading at the NEAD event in hillsborough next month as well?

i would bring the missus along, but we'd probably struggle to get someone to look after our toddler for the night.. :(

looks like i am on for this though! whoop whoop.