Lesbian and Gay Sheffield Scene

Originally posted by myles

There is also the gay night club called 'Charles St.' on Charles Street, I think its near to the Casbah and where Henry's used to be but is now a new deli bar. Near to the John Lewis department store.

my mate owns charles street and if he saw the above post he'd trck you down and scratch your eyes out..gay club indeed:(

No, Charles Street aint a gay club (that was the venue's previous incarnation).

Folks, I just though I'd revive an old and obviously dormant thread, but to say the following: Since there are a considerable number of Lesbian/Gay/Bi/Trans people who use the Forum, wouldn't it make more sense to have a seperate LGBT Forum Section?

Folks, I just though I'd revive an old and obviously dormant thread, but to say the following: Since there are a considerable number of Lesbian/Gay/Bi/Trans people who use the Forum, wouldn't it make more sense to have a seperate LGBT Forum Section?

This was looked into, but then this came along :

http://www.queersheffield.com

they have a Forum there with details of whats happening, etc etc, and its easier to MOD as well. :thumbsup:

Plus now spreading out fo Sheffield and covering cities near to Sheffield as well.

The thread is here : http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134588

I agree that the idea of an LGBT group is a good one, and several of us have chatted about it already.

We need to make sure there are enough people interested before we bother suggesting it and come up with ideas for content. There are plenty of threads already.

I agree that the idea of an LGBT group is a good one, and several of us have chatted about it already.

We need to make sure there are enough people interested before we bother suggesting it and come up with ideas for content. There are plenty of threads already.

If you do decide to go ahead dear then I have got the questions asked by Geoff if you want them, to prepare yourself and the answers. :thumbsup:

hey im thinking that lesbian groups is a wicked idea ive just moved to sheffieild and want to meet new people who r gay because in my home town there was not that many clubs

and i have just cum owt and im not quiet sure wat to do or where to go and find new people

Hi everyone,

We are looking for a drag queen dj for our civil partnership in july 2010 to be held in keithley nr bradford

We are wanting someone who is

:A drag dj with own desks and good music!

:Beautiful& talented,funny,entertaining.

: Not too blue as children will be presant

:The comedy factor is a must.(want a evening to remember for all involved

: Is able to engage with the audience

: willing to travel to Keithley, must be able to show us previous shows done.

: only positive responces please

Any ideas/ advise or phone numbers/web sites will be much appreciated . we live in sheffield but are getting hitchen up north in a 17th century barn want a extra special evening entertiner to make our special day the best ever.

cheers people

bringing this up as a general discussion - what is there for the gay youth in sheffield? there doesn't seem to be a thing aimed at anybody under clubbing age.

The train to Manchester :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Hi I run a LGBT young peoples group called GLOBAL in sheffield it is a action group for any young person between the age of 13-19 , IM with ya on the abow comment the young LGBT community are extremly limited in sheffied!

Threas closed

It continues here

Thanks