Noahs Ark, Crookes

The pub has changed hands a few time over the last 4 years and yes getting back to how it used to be, sure the new landlord/landlady from the Top Shop are going to make it great again. Gud Luck

Must say my wife and I have started going back in reasonably regularly. I would only ask that they get rid of the karaoke which impinges on the whole pub and has, I think had its day. We were in two weeks ago and there were only two singers one of whom mangled the Arctic Monkeys at great volume but little tune.

Must say my wife and I have started going back in reasonably regularly. I would only ask that they get rid of the karaoke which impinges on the whole pub and has, I think had its day. We were in two weeks ago and there were only two singers one of whom mangled the Arctic Monkeys at great volume but little tune.

I love the karaoke....and people 'mangling' songs are part of the fun!

Only problem is that Janet has not updated or added to her collection in years. It needs internetting now.

There was a gorgeous blonde behind the bar about 10-12 years ago! Think she went to Tapton.

i lived at tapton, am blonde and worked at the noahs between 1999 and 2001

I know who you mean. She married my divvy mate a couple of years back and is now having a baby - such a waste.....:hihi:

ah....not me then! ;)

10 - 12 years ago, there were loads of top class barmaids working there, not just one (unless I was drunk and developed triple vision)

I'm sure they all used to give me the eye as well:hihi::hihi:

i have to agree, we werent a bad bunch! :P

x

I love the karaoke....and people 'mangling' songs are part of the fun!

Only problem is that Janet has not updated or added to her collection in years. It needs internetting now.

Couldn't agree more, having fun is the main reason :hihi:

Janet has it all on computer now but has not worked out how to use it yet.

I agree. The last time I was in I left when the karaoke started.

Couldn't agree more, having fun is the main reason :hihi:

Janet has it all on computer now but has not worked out how to use it yet.

No worries with people mangling songs: this is one of the reasons why people watch the X factor, I just think that due to the layout of the pub there is no opportunity for escape, For example in the Masons you can go in the tap room to get away from the singing - no matter how good / bad.

There also doesnt seem to be a lot of interest in doing it any more.

Looks like your wish has been granted. Karaoke has been cancelled :mad:

However, last night there were people who had gone in just for Karaoke and were gutted, then as I was leaving (cos no Karaoke) taxi after taxi turned up full of people going in just for the Karaoke.

It's a shame because those people might not bother again, even if they put it back on. One thing is for sure, it would have been rammed full if the singers could have sung last night.

All pubs have to weigh up the cost/benefit of entertainment, some things can fill a pub and some can empty it.

Looks like your wish has been granted. Karaoke has been cancelled :mad:

However, last night there were people who had gone in just for Karaoke and were gutted, then as I was leaving (cos no Karaoke) taxi after taxi turned up full of people going in just for the Karaoke.

It's a shame because those people might not bother again, even if they put it back on. One thing is for sure, it would have been rammed full if the singers could have sung last night.

All pubs have to weigh up the cost/benefit of entertainment, some things can fill a pub and some can empty it.

We were in the same night and stayed until around 12.30 with the pub bing packed. We only got a seat at around 11.30 when a group of people left.

I've got nothing against karaoke but just think it needs to have its own place so that those who want to take part can do so and those who don't have an alternative.

In the Masons you could go in one room or another: in the Noahs you don't have that option.

We were in the same night and stayed until around 12.30 with the pub bing packed. We only got a seat at around 11.30 when a group of people left.

I've got nothing against karaoke but just think it needs to have its own place so that those who want to take part can do so and those who don't have an alternative.

In the Masons you could go in one room or another: in the Noahs you don't have that option.

Very fair point, this is why it is so difficult for landlords/ladies.

i'm going to call shenanigans on at least 2 of the previous few posts...

noahs ark as now got back the karoke thank you kevin and chris are back here on the 9th october 30th october both are saturday night come and join us on the 9th october it is the landladys birthday 21 again he he all welcome see you all on the 9th october we will have agood old time also there is a quiz starting on thursday and there will be sandwiches on and it free to enter you win a gallon of beer or lager this starts on september 23rd everyone welcome