New Asda at Parson Cross - Megathread

The Autumn range of George at ASDA is fantastic.

The Cross is definately going upmarket.

Worse shopping experience of my life...Getting in and out is a mare. Parking is a mare. It's like going to Heaven and back regards the lifts. The layout inside is all wrong. Nothing positive to say about the place. It already looks outdated inside.

I'll continue to drive from Grenoside to Handsworth when I shop at Asda...Not Impressed!!:rant:

The Autumn range of George at ASDA is fantastic.

???

John X

Maybe a Primark and Poundland would have done better at Chaucer, also an Elizabeth Duke jewellers so they didn't have to ride all the way to Argos at Kilner Way.

I used to shop at Asda in Rotherham when we lived there, I found their customer service far better than Morrisons. I went to the new one at PX on Sunday, and although it was busy, found a parking space easily enough (I don't expect to park next to the entrance) and a free trolley. Not sure the free trolleys will last though. ;)

The staff I spoke to were pleasant and helpful, and I got what I went for. Check out the paperbacks, probably the cheapest range around. They also sell some decent children's clothes. My d-i-l isn't averse to buying some George as well as the Boden stuff she dresses the kids in!

I agree about the aisle blocking, but the same happens in Morrisons with people seemingly unable to shop without making it a family outing! I'll definitely go back to the new Asda, but I don't stick to one supermarket, so it won't be every week.

Worse shopping experience of my life...Getting in and out is a mare. Parking is a mare. It's like going to Heaven and back regards the lifts. The layout inside is all wrong. Nothing positive to say about the place. It already looks outdated inside.

I'll continue to drive from Grenoside to Handsworth when I shop at Asda...Not Impressed!!:rant:

Because the asda at handsworth is perfect for parking, perfect to get in and out of and looks very modern inside :hihi:

how is the parking? and is it full of idiots late on?

So Primark and Poundland have the same demographic as the new ASDA.....which according to previous posts are thieves, chavs and scum.....oh and unemployed.

I must remember to tell my hard working daughters that.....they buy all but 'special' undies and tops etc at Primark and often visit Poundland for bargains on toiletries etc.

I paid my first visit after work on Tuesday night.

My experience wasn't bad at all, although it was reasonably quiet at that time (6pm).

Parking was fine with plenty of space and guys in the car park pointing out where the spaces were.

The store itself as you would imagine is clean and modern. From a size point of view I'd say it's slightly smaller than a typical Morrisons, but bigger than the Chapeltown Asda.

The staff were very friendly and looked like they were pleased to have been given employment, which is how it should be.

My only gripe would be that whilst generally quite quiet, I couldn't get around as quick as I would have liked due to people blocking aisles with their trolleys. Maybe this was due to them being unsure where things are or maybe it was just ignorant individuals....I guess time will tell.

Based on my first visit I'd definately pop in again from time to time, but I wouldn't like to go there when it's busy. I think Morrisons at Cortonwood will remain my store of choice for the weekly shop (it used to be Hillsborough until they narrowed the aisles to get money from Peacocks).

Regards

Doom

well what can i say, and im sure i actually speak for many people too. what a big disappointment. the whole merchandising, layout, the size of it, its an absolute joke, my advice is DON'T BOTHER. CHAPELTOWN IS A WHOLE LOT BIGGER. RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH. STEPTOES GARDEN IS MORE APPEALING .

well what can i say, and im sure i actually speak for many people too. what a big disappointment. the whole merchandising, layout, the size of it, its an absolute joke, my advice is DON'T BOTHER. CHAPELTOWN IS A WHOLE LOT BIGGER. RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH. STEPTOES YARD IS MORE APPEALING .