New Asda at Parson Cross - Megathread

well, it's a convenient alternative to morrisons, the only viable supermarket for us top end of hillsborough types. which suits me fine, as i find morrisons a putrid experience.

so long as it stock is the same price as the big one, and it isn't a metro / convenience-esque store, then it's handy for me.

suppose it meant that the netto on catchbar lane is doomed though - asda wont want to operate two stores that close to each other, surely?

Asda are advertising jobs at Catchbar Lane and the old Queens road nettos

I don't live far away and wouldn't mind using an Asda but I don't fancy parking the car up there and leaving it even for 10 minutes!!

Why? You dont think they will have a well lit CCTV covered car park?

Besides I dont recall Parson Cross being the car theft capital of europe :loopy:

I went to a local community meeting and they said it was going to bt the same size as the Chapeltown one (ever so slightly larger). The car park will be underneath with the store on top. The entrance will be via Wordsworth Avenue, with delivery entrance on Halifax Road end. There was also be a couple of retail units at the side near where the housing office is sited now. If I remember rightly I think they said there will be a cafe too.

Yes there will be a cafe my mate chris is working on the site since the building started. I think it will be great having a local asda

Yes there will be a cafe my mate chris is working on the site since the building started. I think it will be great having a local asda

I agree, I love Asda :thumbsup:

Definately a 24 hour Asda, it has the sign up now. Great!

they aren't allowed a petrol station on there because of the one on wordsworth

There will be a cafe my mate chris is working on the site since

the building started. I think it will be great having a local asda

There's already the Cross Cafe on Buchanan Road.

Why? You dont think they will have a well lit CCTV covered car park?

Besides I dont recall Parson Cross being the car theft capital of europe :loopy:

Where have you been living? :roll::roll:

There's already the Cross Cafe on Buchanan Road.

So you think people shopping at Asda are going to do their shopping and then pop across to the cafe. I doubt it, if there's no cafe in the Asda, they'll just take their shopping and go home.

Where have you been living? :roll::roll:

At the bottom end of parsons cross if you must know and guess what... our cars are still here. :loopy: