Famous People You Actually Know Yourself ?

My mate knowsJessica Ennis, he was quite a good sprinter when he was younger and would train with her at the EIS

i met claire sweeney in napoleons the other week. she bought me a drink :) erm...a few footballers and ricky tomlinson.

i know derek batey , keith chegwin , hylda baker & george formby they all come here regular for tea & coal sandwiches

Err.... you "know" them? The two mentioned have been dead for years!

I shared a house with Jacqui Dankworth (daughter of Johnny Dankworth and Cleo Laine) when I was 16, with my cradle-snatching girlfriend, who was 23. We kept in touch for a short time, but haven't done for years. In fact, by my ex (not Jacqui), I know the faded star of Childrens TV, Nino Firetto.

I had David Gilmour's phone number for a while, but he was so stunningly dull, I never even wanted to call him in particular. I always found this incredibly disappointing. I went to school with a former editor of 'The Spectator', Matthew D'Ancona, but was actually just in the same class as his younger brother.

I know quite a few ex-footballers by visiting the odd hostelry for a half of lemonade occasionally.

Name dropper! :D

So it looks like nobody on here knows anyone famous.:)

Including me pattricia! :hihi:

I am a friend of a girl who is the daughter of the man who invented the pickled onion forK.

Wow! Beat that.

I'd vote this post the winner ..... except you've not told us the name of the inventor of the picked onion fork! :suspect:

Mind you, pickled onion forks are a bargain at the moment. Buy now while prices are low!

http://thecookskitchen.com/browse_8681

The famous people are too far for me ,i am not familiar with them .

Watching football last night I remembered that I went to School with James Perch, good old Berry Hill in Mansfield. Quite a few of my mates are still really close to him.

Roger Marshall, ex-British motorcycle champion, is my aunties brother.

I went to school with a few Byker Grove cast.... (Wasn't raised in Sheffield unfortunately)

Should I admit that?

I once met the Queen and Prince Phillip, don't think they would remember me though, I never get a Christmas card, or an invitation to family celebrations :mad:

Edited by foxforcefive

Derren Brown is a good mate. I have had the pleasure of working with Messrs. Clarkson, May, Hammond and Jason Dawe he was the guy who did the new style Top Gear for a series before James May got involved.