Moonshine Lane BP Garage Cordoned Off by Cops

I drove past the BP garage at the bottom of Moonshine Lane at 7:15am. It was cordoned off and a police car was guarding the Herries Road entrance to it.

Anyone know anything?

anymore on this yet there seems to be loads happening around there lately:confused:

Probably be another motorist complained about being robbed at the till.:)

There was a reported child abduction from the phone box opp. the water works on Moonshine Lane....but I've not heard anything else about it since so I think it was just a precaution to close off the road to preserve forensic evidence.

No. This was this morning. And it was the BP garage only that was cordoned off and being guarded. The garage has been robbed on numerous occasions in the past and what with the recent firearms incidents in the vicinity...

apparently there has been another attempted abduction.

The mrs has just spoken to her friend who is a member of staff there and was started work this morning just after this happened. Hopefully this is another false alarm like the one a few days ago.

It happened on the forecourt of the garage, and if i know of any further developments i shall post them.

i am never surprised when i hear of incidents in that part of town. the longley/ southey/shirecliffe areas are truly awful. shootings, muggings, drugs and violence are just a part of life.

Please show your sources for this.

Originally posted by trainwalker

i am never surprised when i hear of incidents in that part of town. the longley/ southey/shirecliffe areas are truly awful. shootings, muggings, drugs and violence are just a part of life.

Which of those 3 do you live in?

I live in Longley..or were you asking trainwalker?

This isn't true at all. It was a banner around the garage so you couldn't go in. It didn't say police on the banner it was that sign of the biological logo thing. It would be something to do with the petrol or gas.