Best charity shop in Sheffield

The best for me best stocked British Heart Foundation Barnsley and Sheffield

town center the friendliest Blue Bell Wood Chapeltown the worst

St Luke's Chapeltown where they cannot be bothered to turn the CD's

all the same way round but have time to talk we know they are volunteers

but it would help if they did it.

Edited by MEC176

Apparently Oxfam are good employers.

I find lots of fantastic book bargains in charity shops. My regular haunts are Oxfam in Nether Edge, Broomhill and Eccie Road.  St Luke’s is good too and have bought some great crystal decanters and even Le creuset cookware in them over the last couple of years.  

On 03/09/2005 at 02:31, ReginaldD said:

I know not a very cool topic you might think but I hear you can stumble across some star buys at the charity shops. So which ones are best , you know the ones where evrybody with too much money donates their designer labels to when they have worn them once. you know the ones I mean, I heard there is a good one on ecclesall rd, anyone know anything?

We are spoilt for choice of course in Sheffield.  We have more charity shops and nail bars per square mile than any other city in Europe and Asia Minor.  (I made that up btw but I think it's not far from the truth).

I occasionally take unwanted things to a charity shop.  It's not that they aren't of use any more - it's often clothes that don't fit or stuff like that.  A lot of stuff I've taken to charity shops has been very good quality, designer label stuff, for kids and adults.  I know...it may seem  a bit "shallow" but we're lucky that we have been able to afford really nice good quality clothes, handbags, shoes, etc.  So yes, there are some bargains to be had - and my route into Sheffield City Centre would normally be down Ecclesall Road - so that tends to be where I'd drop such stuff off.  And if you consider that that end of the city, i.e. the South West, is one of the most affluent parts, then it kind of makes sense that the routes leading into the city from there may contain the charity shops where the better quality stuff may be disposed of.

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

We are spoilt for choice of course in Sheffield.  We have more charity shops and nail bars per square mile than any other city in Europe and Asia Minor.  (I made that up btw but I think it's not far from the truth).

I occasionally take unwanted things to a charity shop.  It's not that they aren't of use any more - it's often clothes that don't fit or stuff like that.  A lot of stuff I've taken to charity shops has been very good quality, designer label stuff, for kids and adults.  I know...it may seem  a bit "shallow" but we're lucky that we have been able to afford really nice good quality clothes, handbags, shoes, etc.  So yes, there are some bargains to be had - and my route into Sheffield City Centre would normally be down Ecclesall Road - so that tends to be where I'd drop such stuff off.  And if you consider that that end of the city, i.e. the South West, is one of the most affluent parts, then it kind of makes sense that the routes leading into the city from there may contain the charity shops where the better quality stuff may be disposed of.

Ha!

How to contribue to a thread on best charity shops whilst also dropping in that you live in an affluent area of Sheffield and are  able to afford quality clothes, handbags and shoes with "designer labels"...................

Do you wear your Breitling watch whilst your dropping off the clothes :):):)

new hope charity shop at half way near tm travel ,big sale at moment half price clothes and shoes ,big car park and very lovely coffee shop , hot and cold sarnies  delicious home made cakes and very reasonable prices . have a look at there web site, you will be amazed at the selection of goods for sale 

What is New Hope?

There used to be a Hope Church on Matilda Steet City centre - Same one?

When I searched on google maps its on Bernard Road.  

On 05/09/2005 at 01:10, WallBuilder said:

There are lots of good charity shops dotted around the city and every now and then I go to Crookes and then work my way back to Woodseats going in as many as I can think of. I like St. Lukes and the Imperial cancer one. I tend to find bargains though in most of them if i look often enough, Barnardo's PDSA, Help the Aged, Quit, Shelter, Savation Army, St Vincents the list seems to go on and on.

Crookes has some good ones (4?)