Best charity shop in Sheffield

If you want a nice walk then Emmaus round the back of Victoria quays is massive

The best charity shop in Sheffield, has to be Samaritans on Chapel Walk because I work there on Saturday morning

RDS

I think the best Charity Shop is Oxfam Book Shop on Glossop Road. :)

yep it's excellent. It's a shame they've started ebaying or selling online all the decent vinyl though, you used to get some gems before.

i think the best one is to ask any of the shop staff what private sales they have as there all picked over theses days

Hi all,

9 years since the last comment. In 2019 what do feel are the best charity shops, does Broomhill, Eccy Rd still get the most votes?

Are the clothes washed before they go on sale in charity shops ?

Edited by Holiday1166
Spelling mistake

I've got disheartend with my local charity shop. Over the years I have donated many good quality products including clothes  that still have tags on so have  never ever been worn.  These are rarely displayed in the shop.  Apparently a lot

of goods are sent to their other shop at Hillsborough or presumably taken by staff.  I have no problem with staff having first pick within reason. But I donated to my local shop not Hillsborough.

1 hour ago, Holiday1166 said:

Are the clothes washed before they go on sale in charity shops ?

The clothes I have donated are always washed before I take them although some maybe creased and need pressing.

I personally like Woodseats as I stop off for a cheeky drink in spoons.  Having said that I do the rounds and go to Eccy Road, Broomhill etc.  Depends what you're looking for but I tend to find something wherever I go.  

Always interesting to go to more affluent areas. A visit to Lytham was a different world charity shop-wise! Hard to find owt decent in Woodseats imho.