National Play Day 2010 - Hillsborough Park - Wed 4th August

Wednesday 4 August is Playday - the national day for play.

This years event has a number of exciting activities on offer, these include an Ice Rink, Water Slide, Hay Play, Den Building, Inflatables, Arena Area, Mascot Race, Climbing Tower, and Sheffield's Got Talent.

We will also have a number of providers who run activities throughout the year such as Museums and Scouts, so as well as celebrating Play the event will also be a good place to find out whats on offer in your local communities all year round.

National Play day is also FREE!

On Playday and throughout the summer, thousands of children, young people and communities will get out to play at hundreds of locally organised events across the UK.

http://www.playday.org.uk/

As well as a celebration of children's right to play, Playday is also a campaign that raises awareness about some serious issues affecting children's play.

Our place

The Playday 2010 campaign is Our place. Our place puts children at the heart of our communities, and asks everyone, young and old, to help create better places for all of us to live and play.

Is there any parking nearby?

Hillsborough Park has a large car park entrance is on Parkside road.

Thanks, i woundered if that one would be in use as i have gone on website and it says access via middlewood road only.

it this still on with the rain ??????

Considering the amount of planning involved it won't be cancelled :)

You see parents it's like this -

once you are wet you can't get much wetter,

once you are a bit muddy *heck* why not just get caked in it! -

remember what fun it was when you were a kid and don't be a grump - let your kids out and be free to enjoy the fun bits this weather has to offer!

I don't think it's parent's being a 'grump' think it's the fact that they don't want their kids becoming ill with a cold, as once they are wet.. it's easy to develop into a cold.

I don't think it's parent's being a 'grump' think it's the fact that they don't want their kids becoming ill with a cold, as once they are wet.. it's easy to develop into a cold.

Now come on Missflirtuk you know there is no connection between being wet and getting a cold. (unless you are under the weather already!) :roll:

The whole ethos of playday is taking a few risks, doing something daring and letting kids be kids without the cotton wool boundaries we sometimes are all guilty of imposing.

However I respect your viewpoint :)

ok i will b thr with my minded kids all four boys should b fun

Considering the amount of planning involved it won't be cancelled :)

You see parents it's like this -

once you are wet you can't get much wetter,

once you are a bit muddy *heck* why not just get caked in it! -

remember what fun it was when you were a kid and don't be a grump - let your kids out and be free to enjoy the fun bits this weather has to offer!

Nice one fox - I do sometime wonder why people get out of the pool on holiday when it rains your already wet.

Sounds like it is going to be a fun day - had planned on coming down but was wondering if it was cancelled due to the weather.

Sounds like a Glasto for the kids (doesn't it always rain) - beats cuddling my eldest through Mrs Trunchbowl on DVD (favourite film is Matilda but terrified)!

Well yes if they are ill already they could get ill... what time does it finish? I might come down but is there something for 2 year olds to do... what you want to make those :roll: at me for? :lol:.