What's your favourite foreign film??

Quite a long list (I'm using the English translation for titles in most cases)

Cinema Paradiso

Audition (superb horror)

Brotherhood

Deep Red

Kung Fu Hustle (very funny)

Tell No One

[Rec]

[Rec] 2

Death Note

Martyrs

Let The Right One In

Mesrine

The Counterfeiters

I Saw The Devil

Come And See

I tend to find that foreign language films are much more rewarding than American ones these days.

just one I saw recently " a seperation ".....an iranian film

an insight into everyday Iranian life and all it's complexities.(divorce ,sharia law,the legal system).

.The film plot is simple in that the male spends his time extricating himself from an accusation filed by a female looking after his disabled father. cinematography a bit flat..So why was it so good.... something I haven't seen in a film in quite a while ," humility".The film is compassionate and has a gentle sadness..about it.....

I'm with you on Pan's Labyrinth, it's an amazing film. I also greatly enjoyed Let the Right One In and the original of The Ring (not the US remake).

For a lighter film, I found Le Diner de Cons (The Dinner Game) absolutely hilarious.

Yep, The Dinner Game - original, French version was a riot. Just like Kung Fu Hustle.

Also good Korea's The Host.

if you've got a cool movie site to promote, try this.

All About My Mother is a classic

My favourite foreign film is 'Blood Simple'. It was the first movie the Coen Brothers ever made and still their best. I also like just about anything directed by David Lynch.

Amelié

Amores Perros

City of God

For me it's

Three Kingdoms, really enjoy it's style of progressiong through a persons life and joy of making friends and tragedy of losing them in war. Is really sad how tragic the film is. While I have heard a lot of praise for Red Cliff which is I admit a good film, three kingdoms journey of

Let the right one in,

Battle Royal,

Death Note 1 and 2, maybe not the technical masterpiece but a very inreaguing story and plot twists and turns I feel unparalleled by most films.

Also I respect REC having seen it recently is a fantastic film, although I am not much of a horror fan.

Black Book

Old Boy

Battle Royale

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version)

9 Queens - little known Argentinian film about con artists and a sheet of rare stamps - thats what the title refers to before anyone jumps to wrong conclusion:D

"Mar Adentro" (The Sea Inside)/Cinema Paradiso/Cries and Whispers/Aguirre The Wrath of God/Three Colours Blue

Untouchable, a French film, showing on sky at the moment. It is absolutely fabulous 10/10