What's your favourite foreign film??

I have 3 favs

Robo Geisha

Rudo y Cursi

Tokyo Zombie

*srry for the lack of links, but the forum won't let me put any links..I guess because I am new*:\

Old Boy

Martyrs

Inside

Irreversible

Let the Right One In

Ichi the Killer

Edited by Andy4122

I've made myself exclude all asian films otherwise I would argue with myself over which Jackie Chan film is his best.

So I'd have to say "The City Of Lost Children"

Rush Hour 3?

Ha!

Seriously though, surely it's Drunken Master 2, although Dragons Forever and Operation Condor were pretty entertaing. You've got me thinking now!

A Spanish film called Open Your Eyes - it's amazing. It's one of those films that you find yourself thinking about for ages after you finish watching it, it leaves a lot of things open to the interpretation of the viewer and every time you see it you notice something different that makes you rethink it. It was remade as Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise, which was absolutely appalling, mainly because of its habit of stopping every so often to explain what was going on to the audience which took away the whole point of the original film.

actually so are the original versions of the grudge from japan :P

The following two came to mind when I saw the thread title, but on reading I was reminded of many, many great films and even thought on numerous more. But here's the first two which came to mind:

Jean de Florette IMDB wiki

La Haine IMDB wiki

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bienvenue_chez_les_Ch'tis

this French film has been a favourite of mine for some time, very enjoyable DVD on a regular basis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micmacs

made by the Amelia director, is a recent DVD addition. Is there still anyone who hasnt seen Amelia,

and, though I am not a fan, a pal loves them, should you need to see a Norwegian Zombie movie then

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Snow

I will stick to the region of French comedies and highly recommend

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Grande_Vadrouille

a must for any Terry Thomas fans

Hope I've been of help to some. Cheers

The following two came to mind when I saw the thread title:

Jean de Florette

La Haine

Have to agree with you on these two as well as the previously mentioned Delicatessan.

Loved the sequel to J de F; Manon de Source.

The Japanese do the best horror films but my fave is definately 1900. This is a bit of a funny one in that it was filmed using a mixture of Italian & American actors, using both languages. The US release had the Italian dubbed & vice versa for the Italian release. The best version is the longer Italian version (with subtitles).

A lot of Japanese and South Korean Films are my fave these days - I have just finished watching Doremisofalidoh which is a young love/angst film. The Death Note films are also entertaining if you can get past the poor effects - does anyone like Studio Ghibli stuff?

20th Century boys is good.

Werner Herzog's Fitzcarraldo and Nosferatu.