Hillsborough takeaways

Moving to Hillsborough next weekend (from t'other end of town)....big question where shall I have my moving in night takeaway from? I've heard Canton Wok is good...any other suggestions?

Depends what take away ouy fancy - Chinese I reckon for value and tast you can't been Canton King - massive portions for same price as other chinese's around.

If its indian you fancy - Bangla Cottage (next to Wetherspoons) do take aways whcih are good - Spice Hut is also reasonable.

Not really takeaway, but always good for a last minute tea is the proud potato - lovely jacket spuds with lots of fillings!

Very very fattening but Pizza an Co on the bridge do fab doner kebabs,pizzas and delivery is free over £7

Canton King - Middlewood Road everytime - we buy one meal and that can easily feed 2 or 3 of us! Only downside with them is they dont deliver but worth the drive or walk to!

Depends what take away ouy fancy - Chinese I reckon for value and tast you can't been Canton King - massive portions for same price as other chinese's around.

massive portions, only downside is that it is all brown, greasy and so full of salt and MSG that you have to stop for a pint of water after three mouthfuls.

i'd heard good things about the canton king, and seen the queues coming out the door, but honestly, it's the worst chinese food i have ever eaten anywhere.

but it is incredibly cheap, hence it is massively popular. personally, i found the excessive portions embarrassing. it made me feel like a glutton.

if you want your food to have things like 'vegatables' and 'texture', then steer it, imo. though having worked my way along the road, there isn't a huge amount of quality available. of all the chinese takeaways, i prefer the one next to the bookies, opposite the canton king - though again, this is really the best of a mediocre bunch.

the curry takeaways are uniformly dreadful - all the curry's looked virtually the same, and the meat looked pre-cooked and processed. the kebab houses are much the same. the pizza is again greasy, cheap and flavourless.

not got round to trying the proud potato yet, so will eventually try that. in the end, we usually settle for home cooked, due to the paucity of quality. i resent paying out for food that is far bellow the quality i can make at home. it pains me to say, but you're best off heading for a kfc or down the road for a burger king!

come round mine if you like? :D

Sang Lung chinese near the pub is nice we have had a few meals from there

HeI Moon is the best chinese I've had in terms of quality, freshness and taste. Their prawn toast and cantonese style sweet & sour chicken is the best I've had.

Only ever had a takeaway from the Canton King and it will be the last time. Agree with an early post, the portions are way to big, greasy and full of cheap nastiness and it doesn't even taste nice either!

Definitely Hei Moon (Middlewood Road opposite the park) or the Hillsborough (Holme Lane) for Chinese. Bangla Cottage is OK but I'd use Seven Spices if I fancied a curry - they're near town but deliver.

The New Garden chinese is lovely!! Also the Spice Hut do a lovely Madrass

The Hillsborough Chinese on Holme Lane is great for King Prawn, squid, pork and veggie dishes but the chicken......:gag: If that's ever been part of an animal it wasn't a chicken. Unless it was the one that crossed the road and got splattered by a car.

massive portions, only downside is that it is all brown, greasy and so full of salt and MSG that you have to stop for a pint of water after three mouthfuls.

i'd heard good things about the canton king, and seen the queues coming out the door, but honestly, it's the worst chinese food i have ever eaten anywhere.

but it is incredibly cheap, hence it is massively popular. personally, i found the excessive portions embarrassing. it made me feel like a glutton.

if you want your food to have things like 'vegatables' and 'texture', then steer it, imo. though having worked my way along the road, there isn't a huge amount of quality available. of all the chinese takeaways, i prefer the one next to the bookies, opposite the canton king - though again, this is really the best of a mediocre bunch.

the curry takeaways are uniformly dreadful - all the curry's looked virtually the same, and the meat looked pre-cooked and processed. the kebab houses are much the same. the pizza is again greasy, cheap and flavourless.

not got round to trying the proud potato yet, so will eventually try that. in the end, we usually settle for home cooked, due to the paucity of quality. i resent paying out for food that is far bellow the quality i can make at home. it pains me to say, but you're best off heading for a kfc or down the road for a burger king!

come round mine if you like? :D

Are you Martin Dawes? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: