20 Films that make men cry

Here is a BBC article in which men have described the films that reduce them to tears.

I must admit that I have blubbed occasionally whilst watching a film. The scene with Tiny Tim's empty stool in the Alistair Sim version of Scrooge gets me every time.

Of the ones I've seen from the above article Shawshank does have me sniffling but none of the others. One bloke said he cries during the "Grey Havens" bit of Lord of the Rings, I was just desperate for them to all bugger off so the film could could finally end by that point.

So blokes, what films make your sensitive side come out?

I'm ashamed to admit I cry at almost anything. I realised I had a problem when I took one of my kids to see Short Circuit and whilst all the kids laughed through the film, I sobbed like a baby when SC was dismantled :cry::blush::cry:

Any Pixar film is guaranteed to get my eyes all watery.

Field Of Dreams, everytime for me without a doubt.

Watership Down for me, and most Disney films.

I thought the scene where Lisbeth Salander introduces the dodgy advocate guy to his own sex toy in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo would be rather :gag: for a guy. It's on my list of Good Movies To Watch On a First Date.

(spoken by a woman who was once invited to a nice young mans's house to watch Last Tango In Paris :confused::help:).

I thought the scene where Lisbeth Salander introduces the dodgy advocate guy to his own sex toy in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo would be rather :gag: for a guy. It's on my list of Good Movies To Watch On a First Date.

(spoken by a woman who was once invited to a nice young mans's house to watch Last Tango In Paris :confused::help:).

I'd read the book, I knew what to expect :D

Edited by millhouses24

id agree with the LOTR, man on fire, and the shawshank redemption ones. also throw in ones like armageddon and toy story 3. dont cry but they are very sad endings.

To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

Every time. :)

Jaws... what a waste of a boat !

Jaws... what a waste of a boat !

True true..