Hillsborough Park Extravaganza Sat 31 July 2010

The kitten was adorable and my daughter had a great day running round, and playing on the rides, plus Ducky it was about raising money for charities and rescues every little helps, doesn't matter whether it was an extravaganza or not as long as awareness was raised about how many loving animals need homes forever. Plus Sam was adorable.

It's a start. Maybe it will improve as the years go on. My family and I went. My youngest is owl-mad and got to hold a barn owl. I fell in love with the little Yorkie, and could have happily whisked it away to play with my other yorkie at home, but my hubby wouldn't let me lol. Had a lovely chat with the Freegle gang, and the kids enjoyed some cakes while I broke my heart about the tiny kitten's story that was being hand-fed.

I do agree it needs to be bigger, but time will tell.

Alright if you liked muffins and bath salts

well me and my 2 year old thought it was great and we made a DAY of it lol

Missflurtyk I know it was about raising money for charities and rescues and i don't mind contributing but when you have animals there that are fightened to death this in its self is cruel, them rabbitts should never have been there with only water and no food bowel, the grass was not even long enough for them to eat. If I treat my rabbits like that somebody would complain and yes one of them is a rescue rabbit.

Hi, just thought I'd pipe up. I organised the event. It's the first time I have ever done anything like this and with only 3 months to pull it together, I don't think it was too bad! Next year we are planning on a 2 day event with the other half of the park used for a music festival and a full funfair with an arena in the middle for displays. As for the rabbits, the animals were fed little and often throughout the day, I do believe that gentleman loves his animals more than his wife!! Although I will hold my hands up to loads of cupcake stalls!!

well, i had a lovely time - though i would say that, as i was a stall holder. :D

well done on organising the event so well - it was really smoothly run - much better when compared to some events i have traded at. With a bit more of a marketing push to pull in the crowds, a sunnier day, and a longer build up time, i think the next one will be a corker.

thanks to anybody who came by my stall, especially those who bought something!

I think as a starter it was good and hopefully it make grow over time,i had a walk to support Rain rescue and enjoyed the stalls that were there,it was free entry ect and raised money for charity so whats to complain about,yes it would be brilliant if it could be made like the old Sheffield Show good luck and may it grow in the years to come and attract people to the park.Good work Anival keep it up and wd for trying

what time does it end?:confused:

What? The Extravaganza? It was on Saturday?:confused:

I too had a stall.

Totally agree with Moke--It was really well organised and much better than some I have been to,where the public pay a lot to get in.Well done !!With only a few months to get the event together, I thought it was great.After all --it was raising money for The Childrens Hospital-Thanks to everyone who stopped at my stall--Count me in next year!!

Might not be the right place to ask, but how is the little hand-fed kitten?