Anyone grow up in lodge moor?

I was born in Lodge Moor (Blackbrook Rd 1962) and lived there until I got married in 1989 when I moved to Crookes. Now back just over the border in Fulwood but walk the dog regularly around Lodge Moor where my parents still live.

I know Gerald Colley, he lives quite close just off Crimicar Lane but don't think his wife is called Jane???

Gerald's a cracking bloke, salt of the earth, help anybody out. And his wife is not called Jane, correct.

i was born in lodge moor (blackbrook rd 1962) and lived there until i got married in 1989 when i moved to crookes. Now back just over the border in fulwood but walk the dog regularly around lodge moor where my parents still live.

I know gerald colley, he lives quite close just off crimicar lane but don't think his wife is called jane???

hi ya mike, i lived in blackbrook rd in the early years and

left in 1954, top end of blackbrook rd on the right of the

playing field, thats where we played on our sledges in the

winters.

At one time we had to have permission from the farmer to play

in that field as he use to have his cows in there. Bye

Edited by brian1941
SPELLING

winters.

I knew a Roger Miller - in my class at Lydgate. He lived on Blackbrook Rd - 1st house on the right after you'd got off the 51 bus.

I knew a Roger Miller - in my class at Lydgate. He lived on Blackbrook Rd - 1st house on the right after you'd got off the 51 bus.

Was he a good whistler ? :confused:

I lived in Upper Fulwood( St. Albans Road) from 1968 -1974. Lived away from Sheffield more than I have lived in it although I was born in Broomhill. I have been to many places in the World as well as in England and haven't found a place that is better than Lodge Moor and Fulwood.

People in the 'south' think that Sheffield is all coal mining,steel works and flat caps! They don't know that our 'back door' leads into the Peak District, infact many haven't heard of the Peak District! They say things like "Do you mean the Derbsyhire dales?"

I went to Tapton school and I recall Jane Tipper as she was in my year. I remember her going out with Gerald Culley, he lived near the church in Fulwood. He was a year or two above us.Jane moved to Sheffield from Derby so may have gone back there? I have only seen her once since I left school and she was on a bus going to Walkley!She was very friendly with Jacqui Dodds who lived near Jane.

Thanks for that mypatch. It's many years since Jane and I worked together and if memory serves me right she split with Gerald at that time and started dating one of the maintenance guys at the store, not sure if they ever got married but remember her as a lovely lass.

Was he a good whistler ? :confused:

I woke up this morning and realised it wasn't Roger Miller. He was King of the Road. The guy I was thinking of was Robert Miller.

I woke up this morning and realised it wasn't Roger Miller. He was King of the Road. The guy I was thinking of was Robert Miller.

It's me whose going mad, I was thinking of Roger Whittaker. :blush:

winters.

Sounds like you lived in the University Labs from that description?

Our house was built about 1957/8 on the other side of the road.

The Millers I knew lived in the house that is now next to St Luke's Church. The parents were Harold and Mary, he was a very respected consultant at Weston Park and there is still a unit named after him there. They were a bit like honorary grandparents and came to my wedding.

Could be the same family. Robert Miller would be 67 now.

Could be the same family. Robert Miller would be 67 now.
Did he have a younger brother called Tom?