Anyone grow up in lodge moor?

Hi all,I lived in lodge moor,1963-1975.Many happy memories of,crags,crimicar playing fields,wyming brook,mayfield,redmires,then when a little older,venturing to fulwood dams,nethergreen etc.Attended hallam primary,opening to 1968,then tapton 68-73.I feel I had the best of both worlds when growing up,glorious countryside to play in,but only a 20 minute bus ride from the city. Lived, 14 rochester drive,397 redmires road,2 rochester drive,lodge moor cafe,and finally 99 hallam grange rise.A happy childhood,couldnt have asked for more.Rgards all,Colin.(Sid):)

was indeed a great place, my escape from Fullwood homes hellhole use to love wandering around ,talking to the P.O.Ws 40-46

was indeed a great place, my escape from Fullwood homes hellhole use to love wandering around ,talking to the P.O.Ws 40-46

All the POWs had gone by the time I was there,but spent many happy times on the old camp,all the hut foundations had flooded over the years and were alive with taddies and newts.

I used to live in Crosspool as a lad and a favourite bike ride was up to Wyming Brook, through the woods to come out at either a cafe and swingboats or by the dam at Rivelin. Then back home on the A57. Used to attempt trout fishing at Rivelin. Could see the devils but never caught one. Was up at Lodge Moor last January in the pub - forgotten name. Old mate of mine was on keyboards in the band on stage. Pat Lesley singing - ex Grey Cats of the 60's.

Lived in Ranmoor (1969-1981) then between Nethergreen and Fulwood (1981-1996). Bought my first house on Lodge Moor in 1996, dropped down to St. Albans Road (off Barncliffe) between 1999 and 2002 and finally moved back up to Lodge Moor (off Crimicar Lane) in 2002. In a nut, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

The scenery is stunning, you're part of the weather (the more inclement, the more you are part of it), the pubs are great, the Spider Park a good facility for kids, both my girls go to Hallam School, a mile away; there are adequate shops and bus routes.

But having Redmires just a thirty minute run (or a five minute drive) away and the crags off Hallamshire Golf Course and the views out toward and beyond Bradfield make this a lovely suburb. There's Wyming Brook where our dog likes to walk. I can walk to Lodge Lane in three minutes and admire the view over Rivelin.

Heaven is a place on earth.

One day I hope to be able to move back to S10. I'd certainly like my kids to go to great state schools like the ones I went to.

Having the city 15 minutes away in one direction and the peak district 15 minutes walk in the other makes lodge moor pretty unique I think!

Edited by S10er

Does anyone remember a Jane Tipper from Lodge moor? Peterbro Drive or similar? Would love to know where she is now.

Does anyone remember a Jane Tipper from Lodge moor? Peterbro Drive or similar? Would love to know where she is now.

Remember Jane very well,stunner if memory serves!! She used to go out with a lad called,I think Gerald Colley,couple of years older than me,she was certainly a good looker,long dark hair,and a cracking pair of legs!!Sorry to sound sexist but it's true!!

Lived in Ranmoor (1969-1981) then between Nethergreen and Fulwood (1981-1996). Bought my first house on Lodge Moor in 1996, dropped down to St. Albans Road (off Barncliffe) between 1999 and 2002 and finally moved back up to Lodge Moor (off Crimicar Lane) in 2002. In a nut, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

The scenery is stunning, you're part of the weather (the more inclement, the more you are part of it), the pubs are great, the Spider Park a good facility for kids, both my girls go to Hallam School, a mile away; there are adequate shops and bus routes.

But having Redmires just a thirty minute run (or a five minute drive) away and the crags off Hallamshire Golf Course and the views out toward and beyond Bradfield make this a lovely suburb. There's Wyming Brook where our dog likes to walk. I can walk to Lodge Lane in three minutes and admire the view over Rivelin.

Heaven is a place on earth.

Echo the sentiments in this reply,I still think of lodge moor as home,even though I left in 75,must admit though,I do like living in a small market town.

I was born in Lodge Moor (Blackbrook Rd 1962) and lived there until I got married in 1989 when I moved to Crookes. Now back just over the border in Fulwood but walk the dog regularly around Lodge Moor where my parents still live.

I know Gerald Colley, he lives quite close just off Crimicar Lane but don't think his wife is called Jane???

I was born in Lodge Moor (Blackbrook Rd 1962) and lived there until I got married in 1989 when I moved to Crookes. Now back just over the border in Fulwood but walk the dog regularly around Lodge Moor where my parents still live.

I know Gerald Colley, he lives quite close just off Crimicar Lane but don't think his wife is called Jane???

Gerald was about 16 when he was going with Jane,still at school.I was 13,I recall being a 3rd year when they were 5th.

Yep thats the one! I used to work with her many years ago, would love to get in touch.