Better off on benefits

well yes you would actually of course you would, not depending on others to support yourself financially, It SHOULD be frowned upon not being able to support yourself but its just become the norm now living a lifestyle of claiming for everything going, well its just not fair:rant:

It's not fair, but hopefully it's the beginning of the end for that type of lifestyle.

Is there any self respect in being financially exploited in a dead end manual labour job?

"you might be plucking dead chickens all day on a 12 hours shift at minimum wage, with no career prospects whatsoever, but hey, at least you have your self respect"

As long as you have a system where the rich get richer at the expense of the poor, "self respect" is a totally abstract notion.

There's a simple solution to that. If you want what they got, then do what they've done, don't sit feeling sorry for yourself, believing the world owes you a living simply because you're lacking the gumption to aspire to be more.

First stop should be putting personal allowances up to £10,000 per year as was promised before election. I am certain this will happen in a month or so as it is overdue already!:mad:

The schedule for this has been well publicised and explained, it will be increased in stages and reach 10k by 2014.

Oh and BB is a troll who's been caught out with his ridiculous assertions about his life before. First he was better off on benefits, then he was working on the side making 20k, then it was only a few quid for fixing a mates car and finally I think it was a jet setting life style to Hong Kong regularly, but it didn't interfere with him signing on.

I get a bit depressed reading threads like this. Many people are made redundant or can't get a job and are not lazy workshy scroungers in any way. I was recently made redundant so went from 'decent honest taxpayer' to 'feckless sponger' (in the eyes of many on here) overnight. I'm glad to say that I got another job almost straight away but I fully realise not everyone is that lucky. There are just not enough jobs to go round at the moment - why don't people realise this? If a 'scrounger' doesn't bother going for a job that I want then he/she is doing me a favour - less competition.

JSA is crap - about £65 a week I think for a single person (?). This wouldn't even cover my bills never mind unimportant things like food. You'd have to have loads and loads of kids for it to pay you to stay on benefits.

Maybe the minimum wage should be raised if it doesn't compare with the dole? I don't blame anyone for not wanting to slave away on a pittance.

And get rid of exploitative outfits like A4E and replace it with PROPER training - maybe run by the likes of Sheffield College or similar.

Refer back to the OP. This thread isn't about feckless spongers, it's about

changing the system so that whenever someone works or increases their hours or pay, they always end up better off, they never end up the same or worse off, as currently possible.

87 billion on benifits, I think over 10 years

The ministry of defence has a black whole of 30 billion and is now expected to pay for Tridant which is 20 billion.

When it comes to having the capability to jump to the call of our US masters the next time they want to smarten up some Islamic country, and looking after the vulnerable in this country, well we know what they are going to prioritise.

God forbid we not be ready for securing oil, defending Israel or sorting those Iranians out.

AND free laptops last year, just when i had to buy one!

Same.

Free laptops, free driving lessons, free training courses/qualifications, free house, £250 back to work grants, Job Centre giving you money to buy a suit for an interviews!

There's a simple solution to that. If you want what they got, then do what they've done, don't sit feeling sorry for yourself, believing the world owes you a living simply because you're lacking the gumption to aspire to be more.

How dare you come to Sheffield with your common sense and forward thinking. Don't you realise you're supposed to blame everyone else when things don't go your way???

You evil money hungry capitalist/Tory!

Scum scum scum scum etc. etc.

:hihi::hihi:

87 billion on benifits, I think over 10 years

The ministry of defence has a black whole of 30 billion and is now expected to pay for Tridant which is 20 billion.

When it comes to having the capability to jump to the call of our US masters the next time they want to smarten up some Islamic country, and looking after the vulnerable in this country, well we know what they are going to prioritise.

God forbid we not be ready for securing oil, defending Israel or sorting those Iranians out.

Where is your 87 billion from..? What does it refer to?

The schedule for this has been well publicised and explained, it will be increased in stages and reach 10k by 2014.

Oh and BB is a troll who's been caught out with his ridiculous assertions about his life before. First he was better off on benefits, then he was working on the side making 20k, then it was only a few quid for fixing a mates car and finally I think it was a jet setting life style to Hong Kong regularly, but it didn't interfere with him signing on.

Judging by the number of account names he has here I'm surprised he can remember which name he's supposed to use when he signs on.

Same.

Free laptops, free driving lessons, free training courses/qualifications, free house, £250 back to work grants, Job Centre giving you money to buy a suit for an interviews!

Never heard of that one....

Same.

makes you wonder why bother going to work dosnt it?

Never heard of that one....
Maybe its an immigrant benefit :hihi: