Alan Dale DJ - do you remember him ?

There was an article in tonight's star about Alan Dale the DJ, whom I remember quite well from the mid 70's when I used to stand in for him at the Ball Inn on Mansfield Road (Wednesday evenings) if he was on holiday.

It set me thinking, if he is a contributer to this forum. Or does anyone remember him.

i remember him doing his stuff in the manor hotel many years ago

There was an article in tonight's star about Alan Dale the DJ, whom I remember quite well from the mid 70's when I used to stand in for him at the Ball Inn on Mansfield Road (Wednesday evenings) if he was on holiday.

It set me thinking, if he is a contributer to this forum. Or does anyone remember him.

i remember alan dale dj he used to do the disco in the olive grove (off east bank rd ) monday & thursday nights in the late 1960s and it was always packed . does any others remember the olive grove disco nights in the 60s ? ... Edited by tinker

I used to work with one of the go go dancers her name was Andrea Perrin or Smythe, amyone remember her. We worked at porter Wright and Co.

i remember alan dale dj he used to do the disco in the olive grove (off east bank rd ) monday & thursday nights in the late 1960s and it was always packed . does any others remember the olive grove disco nights in the 60s ? ...

Just in case it might help I believe he lives on the Greenoak estate at Totley and his wife is called Joyce, sorry that's all I know.

Thanks all for your contributions. I knew I could rely on you lot to help

i remember alan dale dj he used to do the disco in the olive grove (off east bank rd ) monday & thursday nights in the late 1960s and it was always packed . does any others remember the olive grove disco nights in the 60s ? ...

Yeah i remember thursday nights at the olive grove, your right it was packed to the rafters. One guy bumped into me and i spilt a full pint down the front of this gorgeous girl and got one hell of a rollicking. It all worked out well though we celebrate 40 years married this coming february.

im pretty certain its alan waddington"waddo" your on about.i worked as a sheet metal worker with him in the late 70s at a company called mackleys.

im pretty certain its alan waddington"waddo" your on about.i worked as a sheet metal worker with him in the late 70s at a company called mackleys.

Might be me getting a bit confused but i also worked with him when i left school and i thought his surname was somerset, could be wrong though.

Sure he is called Alan Warrington, and he lived on Slate St, off Heeley Bank Rd near to the Olive back then.

I am sure he also worked at the Royal Hotel on London Rd during the 80s

Yeah i remember thursday nights at the olive grove, your right it was packed to the rafters. One guy bumped into me and i spilt a full pint down the front of this gorgeous girl and got one hell of a rollicking. It all worked out well though we celebrate 40 years married this coming february.

That's got to be the strangest "chat up" I've ever heard of - the things people will do to get noticed :D:D:D

Sure he is called Alan Warrington, and he lived on Slate St, off Heeley Bank Rd near to the Olive back then.

I am sure he also worked at the Royal Hotel on London Rd during the 80s

its deffo waddington.i was an apprentice with im in the 70s