Ditch the NHS for private health care

Paid for out of charitable donations. Shouldn't our tax have paid for it?

Maybe your right......but on the other hand, would the donations have bene there if it was a private hospital?

I don't think the NHS is perfect at all, and needs a lot of work to make it more effective, but it is obviously a much better system than in America where even people with health insurance don't always get the treatment they need as insurance companies are the same the world over, they try to get out of paying whenever possible.

Indeed, profit is king, which is where the entire system falls over.

I often hear politicians say this, but have never heard them explain what they mean - could you?

Removing Burger Kings from within Hospital premises would be a good start :roll:

I notice that Toby doesn't even get a mention in that article. Was he anything to do with the appeal?

He was the face of the radio campaign i think

Removing Burger Kings from within Hospital premises would be a good start :roll:

Does that actually happen......?

US has the best health care system in the world, or would have had untill "The Anointed One" had it changed for 2014...no one gets turned away ever, why do people flock to the US for treatment from other countries ? because they get the best treatment for free and have access to the best Doctors

Warren Buffet disagrees with you, he said:

"health care eats up 17 percent of U.S. gross domestic product, at a time when many other countries pay only nine or 10 percent of GDP but have more doctors, nurses and hospital beds per capita."

So you're paying more for less.

Most people would take out health insurance when they are perfectly fit and well, with free choice across the market, so I can't see anything predatory about it.

And what about people who've paid into the system all their working lives suddenly finding that now they're elderly and more likely to need healthcare they're left without cover on their pensions.

You obviosly weren't around before the NHS was formed to know what conditions were like.

What you're suggesting would lead to a multi tier health service.

Whats wrong with a normal canteen / restaurant / cafe ?

The hospitals will have their normal canteen, but then they'll rent space out to commercial businesses. The Royal Hallamshire rent out space to WHSmith's, some hospitals obviously rent so of their space to a Burger King franchise.