Libdem support in freefall since entering Government

Is this the first general election since the internet became something the uneducated masses used?

I'm just wondering if the loosing side will behave like this after every election from now on. It's frankly a little bit ridiculous.

In what way is this ridiculous?

Can you hear it? There's a really irritating monotonous whine coming from somewhere.

Is there, I can't hear it!

I really do think people should read, learn and inwardly digest this pre-election speech from Nick Clegg and then reflect on what he is actually doing. Can you really say you trust this man and agree with his politics? Can you say you'd vote for him again after reading this? If the answer is yes, how can we possibly take your opinions seriously?

" Look, the decision on how we govern this country and how people vote shouldn't be driven by fear of what the markets might do. Let's say there was a Conservative government. Let's say a Conservative government announced, in that sort of macho way: 'We're gonna slash public spending by a third, we'll slash this, we'll slash this, we'll do it tomorrow. We have to take early, tough action.'

Just imagine the reaction of my constituents in south-west Sheffield. I represent a constituency that has more people working in public services as a proportion of the workforce than any other constituency in the country. Lots of people working in unviersities, the hospitals and so on.

They have no Conservative councillors. They have no Conservative MPs. There are no Conservative MPs or Conservative councillors as far as the eye can see in South Yorkshire. People like that are going to say: 'Who are these people telling us that they are are going to suddenly take our jobs away? What mandate do they have? I didn't vote for them. No one around here voted for them.'

I think if we want to go the direction of Greece, where you get real social and industrial unrest, that's the guaranteed way of doing it."

I really do think people should read, learn and inwardly digest this pre-election speech from Nick Clegg and then reflect on what he is actually doing. Can you really say you trust this man and agree with his politics? Can you say you'd vote for him again after reading this? If the answer is yes, how can we possibly take your opinions seriously?

" Look, the decision on how we govern this country and how people vote shouldn't be driven by fear of what the markets might do. Let's say there was a Conservative government. Let's say a Conservative government announced, in that sort of macho way: 'We're gonna slash public spending by a third, we'll slash this, we'll slash this, we'll do it tomorrow. We have to take early, tough action.'

Just imagine the reaction of my constituents in south-west Sheffield. I represent a constituency that has more people working in public services as a proportion of the workforce than any other constituency in the country. Lots of people working in unviersities, the hospitals and so on.

They have no Conservative councillors. They have no Conservative MPs. There are no Conservative MPs or Conservative councillors as far as the eye can see in South Yorkshire. People like that are going to say: 'Who are these people telling us that they are are going to suddenly take our jobs away? What mandate do they have? I didn't vote for them. No one around here voted for them.'

I think if we want to go the direction of Greece, where you get real social and industrial unrest, that's the guaranteed way of doing it."

But he changed his mind over that, and then he changed his mind over the reason for changing his mind!

Yea, yea, we know that Labour Central wants its members to refer to it as often as possible.

Reflect on "45 minutes" , "no more boom and bust" and "saved the world" before worrying about what others have said. You have 5 years to do it.

The link to that speech as been posted many times and yet the Lib supporters still keep sticking their head above the parapet, if it was me I would have died of embarrassment.

Let me get this right, you'd rather have policies your party has opposed than policies your party has been very similar to.

Christ these Libdems are getting scarier by the day, and it isn't really surprising that their poll ratings have dropped so much.

My party? You assume so much. And you know the old chestnut about assuming? You're totally wrong about this, as about so many other things, my good man.

I'm not a party animal, I eschew political manoevring and I abhor Labour party hacks, more so than hacks of any other party. I will however, probably continue to vote Liberal Democrat because I think they're the best of a bad bunch.

One party you will never, ever see me voting for is the Labour Party ... I'd rather vote UKIP! :D

Labour lost, get over it and give the coalition a chance.

Surely the ones that came third lost ……….. oh no I forgot it doesn’t work like that does it. :roll:

At what point do you propose bringing the Government to task about what they are doing. Before they do it, while they are doing it or after when it's too late?

labour did loose. They came second but not by a huge margin. This doesn't give the party that came THIRD to change their policies just to get some form of control.

Selling your granny...

If you want to talk statistics:

A Conservative 10,703,954

B Labour 8,609,527

C Lib Dem 6,836,824

A+C = lots more than B

Perhaps you should be thankful that the Lib Dems have a place at the top table... especially if you have a ridiculous idealogical opposition to the Conservatives?

What's the point of whining about it like a child? It's not worth wasting the energy.

Edited by Tony

If you want to talk statistics:

A Conservative 10,703,954

B Labour 8,609,527

C Lib Dem 6,836,824

A+C = lots more than B

Perhaps you should be thankful that the Lib Dems have a place at the top table... especially if you have a ridiculous idealogical opposition to the Conservatives?

What's the point of whining about it like a child? It's not worth wasting the energy.

I do have mixed feelings with regard to the LibDems being in 'power'. They are acting as a control rod on some of the more stupid Tory ideas, which is good. This mean we agree on something!

But think of this. Imagine Labour did win, and then did what they wanted. Ignored most of their manifesto and just did what they pleased. How happy would you be and at what point would you voice your concerns?