Libdem support in freefall since entering Government

I thought the LibDems would have kept thier core policies.

They haven't.

I will not vote for them again.

Ah you thought they would get a majority, interesting!

Ah you thought they would get a majority, interesting!

No. I hoped they would.

After the results and Clegg made his advances, I thought that they would have been better at negotiating and managed to keep thier core policies.

As thier negotiators sold thier core policies down the river, they should have allowed to conservatives to form a minority government.

it became one when it bailed out the banks so that they could get thier bonuses

Small point of fact, the government bailed out the banks to, among other things, prevent 2 million mortgage holders having to pay their mortgages off within 28 days. The big banks were within 48 hours of sending 2 million letters out to their mortgagees giving them 28 days in which to repay their loans. This was in order to be able to honour their agreements with the savers.

The bankers' bonuses were a drop in the ocean compared to what is owed to the banks by home "owners".

Ever since the election I’ve been mocked and criticised for my viewpoints over the Libdems joining forces with the Tories.

Well now it seems that evidence exists that my viewpoints are shared by quite a number of people who voted for them.

The two opinion polls linked show their support amongst the electorate is now down to 13% and that 40% of people who voted for them wouldn’t have done so if they’d have known that this would have been the result.

Is there evidence for this?I think you are correct, but the first by-election fro the ConDems should be amusing

No. I hoped they would.

After the results and Clegg made his advances, I thought that they would have been better at negotiating and managed to keep thier core policies.

As thier negotiators sold thier core policies down the river, they should have allowed to conservatives to form a minority government.

I suspect that electoral reform is the only "core policy" that the Lib Dem leadership is really interested in. :rolleyes:

well lets face it, electoral reform is their only chance of being in charge in a non coalition government and that's the only way any other core policies are going to be made to stick

I thought the LibDems would have kept thier core policies.

perhaps they did keep their core policies but also your idea of their core policies is different to theirs.

But you did vote tory, vote lib-dem get a tory, all be it a yellow one.

I knew that. That's why I voted for them.

Not only has support for the Lib Dems nose-dived, but the Labour Party has seen a massive increase in membership. In Hallam constituency 100 people joined in the last 2 months. When we did a straw poll for reasons for joining at this time, every new member said that they were horrified by the coalition and wanted to campaign against it.

At the Stannington Carnival last month, the local Labour Party had a stall. 165 people signed the Forgemasters' petition and many said that they would never again vote Lib Dem. This in Nick Clegg's constituency.

Not only has support for the Lib Dems nose-dived, but the Labour Party has seen a massive increase in membership. .

I did deliver leaflets for the LibDems.... now I am going to join the labour party. This thread has prompted me to act, not bleat.

Moralty is more important to me than the sectoral hang ups of the Lib Dems.

Not only has support for the Lib Dems nose-dived, but the Labour Party has seen a massive increase in membership. In Hallam constituency 100 people joined in the last 2 months. When we did a straw poll for reasons for joining at this time, every new member said that they were horrified by the coalition and wanted to campaign against it.

At the Stannington Carnival last month, the local Labour Party had a stall. 165 people signed the Forgemasters' petition and many said that they would never again vote Lib Dem. This in Nick Clegg's constituency.

I wouldn't get too excited, that's about the same as halfway down my street.

But more importantly did you ask them if they knew what they voted for or did they get upset because they didn't know what they had voted for, or did they just vote LibDem to get rid of Labour? None of the likely reasons are a ringing endorsement for your party, it's just another fickle protest vote.... like voting for Griffin.

I wouldn't get too excited....Hallam constituents have a reputation of been to busy to vote or turn up at the same time.....half their votes don't get cast!