Paranormal activity at or near number 25 Fairleigh Road?

just wondering if anyones lives st this house or lived near it. its in the manor area near prince edward school. I used to live there long ago when i was a kid.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced any paranormal activity there. And no this aint no joke.

it may be pulled down now as most have gone i used to live around the corner on queen mary untill last year and our old house as just been pulled down. there are still some people left on there as to when i heard a few weeks ago. i had not heard of anything paranormal around there but would like to know what you know of it

I lived at 28 Fairleigh when I was a kid. Moved out around 1987ish.

well when i first moved there, I saw an old lady in the bathroom cleaning the floor. Well it was a shadow, but it was clear as to what it was. The thing was cleaning the floor and looked up at me slowly when i noticed it. It stopped moving and a ran down stairs to tell my mum :P

O ther sightings were what my mum and sister saw. Was a little boy with blond hair, a bitt too long for little boys hair. He was waring shorts with rains on aparently.

Also on all the family photos that involve the back kitchen window, there is a figure peeking in. Its not as ovious as the others but it looks like a person in a hood/cloak.

The back room of the house we used as "the spare room" which was full of junk heh it was the only room to get full direct sunlight. But yet it was VERY VERY cold in that room even during hot summers.

My dad was told a story that a kid in a wheel chair died there and that he had bling hair.

Some info would be very apreshiated! Also can you confirm that those houses are demolished?

the last time i looked there were still some houses left on fairleigh and the top end was still there but quite a few further down toward prince of wales road had been demolished and i was told recently that the house i used to live in untill last jan which was at the corner of queen mary and travey had been pulled down

i remember hearing something about a house that was haunted on fairleigh but didnt know which one it was and was not told anything about it just that a few people had seen something and someone had moved out because of it.

at one time i used to live on hastilar road just up from the doctors before it turned onto archdale and our house there was haunted we were told that the woman once lived there electricuted herself in the bedroom and died and certain times of year things used to break down. my hubby saw the woman as he discribed the ghost to someone and they said it was her and we could not have the bed near the plug socket in the room as i used to wake up gasping for breath as if someone was trying to suffocate me

Originally posted by DeathAxe

Also on all the family photos that involve the back kitchen window, there is a figure peeking in. Its not as ovious as the others but it looks like a person in a hood/cloak.

That ain't unusual for the Manor.

Originally posted by spartacus

That ain't unusual for the Manor.

LOL! I see what you mean there but it was the same thing in each picture evry time. and this was over some years.

Also on all the family photos that involve the back kitchen window, there is a figure peeking in. Its not as obvious as the others but it looks like a person in a hood/cloak.

It wasn't the lost window cleaner off the Arbourthorne was it? :hihi:

well when i first moved there, I saw an old lady in the bathroom cleaning the floor. Well it was a shadow, but it was clear as to what it was. The thing was cleaning the floor and looked up at me slowly when i noticed it.

A ghost that cleans the bathroom. Where can I get one of those? :confused:

A friend of a friend used to live around that area,the daughter used to wake up in the morning covered in scratches,they resorted to making her wear boxing gloves to sleep in,she still woke covered in scratches, i remember them talking about things flying around the house.

Many other people saw these happenings,friends who were invited to stay never made it through the night (left i mean,not died!!)

All in all something very wierd was going on,pretty sure it was farleigh,around the mid eighties or so.

The family were eventually rehoused.

just wondering if anyones lives st this house or lived near it. its in the manor area near prince edward school. I used to live there long ago when i was a kid.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced any paranormal activity there. And no this aint no joke.

How long ago are we talking here? I lived at Number 23 from in the mid to late 50s. Can't remember were 23 and 25 adjoined houses?

dont know about paranormal activity on fairleigh but i know theres a lot of burglar activity...and you can also see many people walking about that dont look human...even worse on lower manor round danebrook and viking lea...