Do young/old relationships really work?

I knew a fella in his late 60s that would only date women in their 20s. Unfortunately, but rather understandably, he did croak it. On the day of his funeral, they had to dig his hole six inch deeper than normal, placing the coffin upside down as they couldn't get the lid on.

True story.

Behave man !:hihi:

there's ten years between me and my OH and we've been together about eight years now

you need to be friends, you need to get on well, too many people base their relationship just on the sex or on how attractive their partner is or some other aspect that suffers with time and when that starts to fade, so does the relationship

I've always looked like the back end of a bus and I've got no grand ideas about how good I am in bed, but me and my partner, we get on well, they are my best friend

I don't know.. might be personal preference. You could ask the same question regarding ugly people couldn't you :D, it's each to their own I suppose.

Don't you reckon most people 'go' for people who are on the same level of 'good looking-ness'?

we know a couple who have a large age gap. She is in her early 30's and he is in his early 60's. Hes been married before and has kids that are not too far off his wife's age. The couple now have had some kids with the oldest being about 4yrs old. It's fine now and they are a great couple but in 10 years time when the kids are teens their old fella is going be over 70 whilst she is going to just in her ealry 40's. It will be interesting to see how they cope and I hope it goes well for them.

I would never go out with anyone who has more/less 6 years than me. That is my limit.

Aww. :(

Well I doubt we'd get on anyway. You say "yes" to receipts at ATM machines. :nono:

Sometimes the people you think you dislike the most.....you, actually, find you are the most attracted to, in the end. You just don't know. Although, I don't go jogging, and am nicely perfumed, so you might not like that.

And, I only take ATM receipts for large withdrawals. I am a little bit green.

there's ten years between me and my OH and we've been together about eight years now

you need to be friends, you need to get on well, too many people base their relationship just on the sex or on how attractive their partner is or some other aspect that suffers with time and when that starts to fade, so does the relationship

I've always looked like the back end of a bus and I've got no grand ideas about how good I am in bed, but me and my partner, we get on well, they are my best friend

Relationships are reliant on respect and trust, everything else is of secondary importance.

Don't you reckon most people 'go' for people who are on the same level of 'good looking-ness'?
That's only what attracts us to one another, it isn't what keeps us together.

I, whole-heartedly, agree...with the respect, and trust issue.

Edited by millhouses24

i thinkit depends if theit mature or not

I know of a lass who I went to school with who is 20 and currently with a 72 year old. They are really happy but too me its still sick, he's only 6 years younger than my grea-grandmother!!