Women should aspire to be a Size 14

Perhaps "aspire" is the wrong word, but definitely it needs to be more actively promoted that size 14 is a perfectly normal size for an average-height woman.

Edited by millhouses24

Anyway, why is it always about women? What about men? What size should THEY aspire to be? Why don't we see them in the media with their hands on their hips saying, 'I am the perfect size'? Maybe nobody cares. Oh my, men, the forgotten sex. If you are not a 'perfect' woman, nothing else exists!

A woman should not have to aspire to anything but loving themselves exactly as they are:- to be comfortable in the skin they are in.

Of course we should not have to aspire to an hourglass figure:- some women are more boyish in figure, some women are pear-shaped, others do have an hourglass figure. Each woman is different, each woman is unique.

I'm short, and stocky, with big feet, like most of my family on my father's side. I'll never be a willowy six-footer, I absolutely haven't a hope in hell. I'd also never hit a size 10/12 even if I had the meat boiled off my bones till I was just a skeleton. My frame is just not designed for it. As the great Saint Noddington of Holder said, "I'm me, I'm now and that's 'orl'!"

What about women who can only dream of having melons like that (or not in some cases)? They are enough to give anyone an inferiority complex!!!!

When i seen the warmth in the big naturals i though to myself wonder if she slapped me with them would it hurt :rolleyes:

A woman should not have to aspire to anything but loving themselves exactly as they are:- to be comfortable in the skin they are in.

That's not very helpful to those who are morbidly obese. Telling them they should be comfortable as they are is dangerous.

One would hope that the minister will see the 'massive error' in the statement she has made. This is not much better than the 'aryan race' idealism.

We are all individuals.....yes some people could do with losing a few pounds & yes some people are naturally thin with a high metabolism...but to claim everyone needs to 'aspire' to be in a 'idealised bracket' is shear lunacy.

Some of these educated idiots... just...well....lets say no more

i personally think that its just fine. well a lot depends on a woman's state of health and her age as well. for me as long as she's in good proportion, comfortable and healthy for her size then its fine. just leave those super model bodies to them, they need that for their work...hehe

for me having some 'meat' looks better that those of full of skin & bones only. ooops! no offense. just an opinion. ^_^

Women should aspire to be what ever size or shape they want to be.

Just dont take it to extremes please!

Nobody likes to see 40 stone "curvy chicks" or 6 stone when soaking wet "skeleton chicks"

And is it just me or do any other women HATE the phrase REAL WOMEN? Real women have vaginas. That's it. That's the definition].

Some men do now as well ;)... maybe you should have gone with 'real women have wombs/uterus/ovaries...' :hihi:

I tell a real woman through smell, not size or shape. Smokers always throw me.

Women should aspire to be what ever size or shape they want to be.

Just dont take it to extremes please!

Nobody likes to see 40 stone "curvy chicks" or 6 stone when soaking wet "skeleton chicks"

I don't think shape and size should come into it, I do believe we should all aspire to eat a relatively healthy diet and exercise at a moderate level though, health and well-being should be the most important aspiration.