Women should aspire to be a Size 14

And breathe...........@vwkittie :)

I see what you're saying bizzle and I totally agree with your sentiments, but it almost feels like nowadays there's an anti-slim brigade going around and chanting the virtues of being size 14 and above. Sort of like a reverse-racism (reverse-faticism :suspect:), which could lead more impressionable people to neglect their health and I don't know if that's really such a good idea.

We don't want to end up like America do we. :D

Plus, that woman in the picture. Are the size of her bosoms 'natural' too? They are bigger than my head.....each one!!!!

you have two heads?

:loopy::huh::confused::suspect:

:help:

Yeah I agree with what you are saying. The point I was trying to make was it is good to see size 14 being promoted as a good thing normally any size above 10 is deemed to seen as unhealthy according to the media & some critics. I have read articales when women who are size 12..think they are over weight & feel ugly because of this which is total bonkers.

Its not good to positively discriminate full stop.

Just saw the picture yes yes yes

God she is everything i ever wanted in a woman both of them :hihi:

I think if you promote ANY size, and even if people of a size 14 are genuinely seen as the only way to be (a bit like the super skinny people were a while ago_....then anyone who is not a size 14 is going to suffer the same things that the size 14 people have done until now.......if that makes sense. I don't think it is healthy to promote any size.

Just be!

Its not good to positively discriminate full stop.

I think there needs to be balance somewhere. I think it is good to have women like the lady that has been used as an example because I think there are a lot of women out there especially young girls who think if they are not size 0 they are abnormal.

What about women who can only dream of having melons like that (or not in some cases)? They are enough to give anyone an inferiority complex!!!!

I don't think you should aspire to be a size 14, I think you should aspire to be at the weight which feels healthy for your own bone structure etc. Some people can carry more weight healthily than others can. Some people are naturally slim/athletic and others are naturally curvier, you can't just set one standard for everyone and tell them what's ideal.

I agree. I don't think we should aspire to any size...that's mainly the problem.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying. The point I was trying to make was it is good to see size 14 being promoted as a good thing normally any size above 10 is deemed to seen as unhealthy according to the media & some critics. I have read articales when women who are size 12..think they are over weight & feel ugly because of this which is total bonkers.

The prob with that biz is size 14 becomes the new 10. You've just changed a number. The whole cycle starts over.

I think there needs to be balance somewhere. I think it is good to have women like the lady that has been used as an example because I think there are a lot of women out there especially young girls who think if they are not size 0 they are abnormal.

That not balance - you're just telling people what to do. I know lots of girls who aren't size zero and are abnormal. Perhaps we should concentrate on HOW they are a size zero, not the actual size.

starvation,drugs,drink,nicotine.

But we won't 'cos in every walk of life people, starve themselves,take drugs and drink and puke their food up. The stigma should be attached to the process not the result.

If you eat healthy and exercise and are a size 6 - fabulous, if you eat healthy and are a size 16 - fabulous.

Edited by millhouses24