New bus stops / timetables

But the public expect the bus driver to know everything, thats the attitude of people in Sheffield!

Such as the route of the bus they are currently driving? Yes, most unfair of the public. :loopy:

But in this case it wasn't really the drivers fault. He'd been given the wrong information by First.

Got a good reason, for taking the single ticket

Got a good reason, for taking the single ticket, now

It was a day..... saver, one way ticket, yeah!

It took me so..... long to get home, to get home

First's a big teaser, they took me half the way there

First's a big teaser, they took me half the way there, now

It was a day.... saver, one way ticket, yeah!

It took me so.... long to get home, to get home

Day saver

Day saver, yeah!

Haha sounds about right for first. Are any of you really that suprised? was obvious that there would be a huge mess up.

Nothing will be done about it, Sheffield city council always go silent about anything first does, most likly due to the fact that one or more of them are first shareholders.

Such as the route of the bus they are currently driving? Yes, most unfair of the public. :loopy:

But in this case it wasn't really the,drivers fault. He'd been given the wrong information by First.

Indeed commonly known as the tailight syndrome all First are interested in is getting all the buses out in service and once the vehicle leaves the depot its no longer their problem,the driver then suffers the consequences.

I have in the last five minutes spoken to First in relation to a paticular service,their reply was quite interesting "We are not aware of any problems,however Travelline will be able to supply you with the relevant information regarding the service" AMAZING

1) Traveline couldn't help me this morning as they couldn't ring First until 9am as their 'phone lines weren't open until then.

2) First weren't aware of any problem up until lunchtime and are now directing people requiring help to Traveline.

Superb.

:loopy:

Edited by frankster

No 3 discontinued and 4 now 1 an hour instead of 2 an hour.

Very inconvenient!

do not take it out of the bus drivers was talking to one last night and he has had to learn 5 new routes in a few hours not easy when one of them is a long route so drivers will be confused as well as the passengers

That's as maybe but does this mean that we should get the complete shambles that First have to offer.

There are enough threads on this forum alone detailing the failings of First in Sheffield. From what I understand those who run First in Sheffield read this forum. Yet it goes from bad to worse.

I just can't work out WHY First are even allowed to run buses in Sheffield - if they really can't be bothered with the passengers then give it over to Stagecoach or Arriva or someone else with less contempt for the very people through whom First make their profit.

Top post that

Saw a 21 to Norwood going past rail station this morning which is interesting, given that from yesterday the 21 was withdrawn and replaced by the new 49 which doesn't serve the rail station...

Two 49's didn't turn up at stand A5 this afternoon. Then out of the blue a number 21 turned up . The driver was a miserable bloke , everyone was asking him which roads the bus went down . He did reply but you could tell he was not happy. Total chaos , the council should be able to impose fines on the bus companies . First buses should be the first to be investigated.

Looks like going out in the evenings is no longer an option for me. Unless FirstCXXX or StageCXXX are going to give me money for taxis

Well I finished work today at Meadowhell and headed into the bus station to find out the changes of the no1 bus. To my suprise they have put them on the hour then at 17.15. My last bus to the top of Blackstock Rd is 18.15!!!!!!! What a joke, so now if I finish late at work, I have got to go into town, and even the x78 doesn't connect with the 48 and I have to wait for about 30 mins as every x78 misses my bus by 5 mins.

First I think need to rethink what they have done, I know regulars that get on the last no1 at night (22.55 from meadowhell). What are they going to do? I just think its absolute c**p. It always happens when its the start of the school holidays as well.