New bus stops / timetables

Begin :rant:

Total absolute shambles.

The bus drivers were whizzing passing passengers (including myself) stood at the newly designated stops because the drivers didn't know about the new stop changes. I went to an information centre to ask if the news could be circulated (better late than never) only to be told the 'phone lines don't open while 9am. :loopy:

I got to work at 9:30am instead of 8:30am only because I hedged my bets and decided to catch the 69 bus at the Interchange. They's even moved the departure stop in there!

Incompetent organisation by First once again.

End :rant:

Saw a 21 to Norwood going past rail station this morning which is interesting, given that from yesterday the 21 was withdrawn and replaced by the new 49 which doesn't serve the rail station...

First bus services are a Big Joke! all done for profit, dont take into consideraton, the elderly disabled or anyone trying to get to work or get home after,time to get back into public ownership, we need a debate on it now,Time to send all at First packing!!!

First bus services are a Big Joke! all done for profit, dont take into consideraton, the elderly disabled or anyone trying to get to work or get home after,time to get back into public ownership, we need a debate on it now,Time to send all at First packing!!!

A private company trying to run for profit, who would have thought it?!

There have been enough debates. Not sure what the solution is anymore - the councils plans to take over the bus services will decimate the routes anyway. My journey will be a nightmare from today with no direct services. Time to just go back to the car I think... or stay in bed.

Begin :rant:

Total absolute shambles.

The bus drivers were whizzing passing passengers (including myself) stood at the newly designated stops because the drivers didn't know about the new stop changes. I went to an information centre to ask if the news could be circulated (better late than never) only to be told the 'phone lines don't open while 9am. :loopy:

I got to work at 9:30am instead of 8:30am only because I hedged my bets and decided to catch the 69 bus at the Interchange. They's even moved the departure stop in there!

Incompetent organisation by First once again.

End :rant:

The PTE are the only people who can change the bus stands/stops not First. The travel centre is PTE staff and PTE responsibility not First.

If the PTE have changed the stands but not communicated this to First correctly then your anger should be directed at the PTE. If they have communicated this correctly and First have not cascaded down to drivers then it is First's fault.

Make sure you know who's at fault before having a go at First.

Get more people on here to tell the truth about the poor services, and lobby the silly council that allows First (LAST!) to make Sheffield the Worst Bus Service in the Country!

Nothing on the TravelLine website....shouldn't have skipped mind-reading lessons as school.....

A private company trying to run for profit, who would have thought it?!

That's as maybe but does this mean that we should get the complete shambles that First have to offer.

There are enough threads on this forum alone detailing the failings of First in Sheffield. From what I understand those who run First in Sheffield read this forum. Yet it goes from bad to worse.

I just can't work out WHY First are even allowed to run buses in Sheffield - if they really can't be bothered with the passengers then give it over to Stagecoach or Arriva or someone else with less contempt for the very people through whom First make their profit.

Why could they not let us know? You want to change routes and bus stops? Ok, but TELL US!!!!