Top Gear: Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz in a reasonably priced car

My point is I am less likely to believe a TV presenter / journalist drove the fasted production car in the world flat out (even in a straight line) than I am to believe an actor drove a Kia around a few cones.

My point is I am less likely to believe a TV presenter / journalist drove the fasted production car in the world flat out (even in a straight line) than I am to believe an actor drove a Kia around a few cones.

James May has been a motoring journalist for almost 30 years. I doubt there are many people who have driven a greater variety of vehicles than he has.

I don't think either scenario is unlikely, especially when the actor concerned - mad as he is - has racing experience from when he was in Days of Thunder.

Anyone know when this show is repeated?... missed it Sunday. :thumbsup:

James May has been a motoring journalist for almost 30 years. I doubt there are many people who have driven a greater variety of vehicles than he has.

I don't think either scenario is unlikely, especially when the actor concerned - mad as he is - has racing experience from when he was in Days of Thunder.

May will have driven many cars but not at over 250 mph, I also made the point about cruise’s experience in an earlier post.

I now which scenario I believe to be more likely. :suspect:

May will have driven many cars but not at over 250 mph, I also made the point about cruise’s experience in an earlier post.

I now which scenario I believe to be more likely. :suspect:

There aren't many cars that go over 250mph, so no, I doubt he has driven many. He will have driven lots of cars that do 200mph or thereabouts.

By your reckoning no-one can drive a car that does 250mph unless they've driven a car that does 250mph, which is a circular arguement.

I suppose 100 years ago you'd be saying no-one could drive at 40mph unless they'd already driven at 40mph ...

More Top Gear than you can shake a stick at on this week

Cheers B, 7pm tonight then on Beeb 2. :thumbsup:

There aren't many cars that go over 250mph, so no, I doubt he has driven many. He will have driven lots of cars that do 200mph or thereabouts.

By your reckoning no-one can drive a car that does 250mph unless they've driven a car that does 250mph, which is a circular arguement.

I suppose 100 years ago you'd be saying no-one could drive at 40mph unless they'd already driven at 40mph ...

Are there any straw men on top gear, there seems to be a few constructed on here. :roll:

I was more suspicious about Clarksons fake tribute to Senna,he's spent years putting the sport down and i quote "anybody see the formula 1 race at the weekend ? no me neither" then he started to talk about the race "Nuremburg or somewhere that's where they hung nazi's isn't it ?" then he proceeded to pretend to fall asleep.Last night he professes to have always thought Giles Villeneuve was a more exciting driver but not any more because Senna was always special not just sometimes.Shame on you Jeremy.

If that's what concerned you most about such a brilliant piece of television, I am actually quite shocked.

But to stick to the subject at hand, I have to say I entirely believe it was Tom's own (true) time. Clarkson mentioned in speaking to him afterwards about his reasonable racing experience. And if he's got enough balls to so most of his own stunts, I see no reason for him not to get the car on two wheels. I doubt it cost him time, it's a more direct route to the line, and also means he doesn't lose any speed to the woeful understeer they have mentioned more than once.

I don't really like Tom Cruise, there's something odd about him. But you gotta hand it to him, he drove that car dam hard and fast.

I think many people just dont want to like Cruise no matter what, as for the lap, he would probably have got that time on sheer enthusiasm even if there was no skill present.

I'm surprised Scientologists don't believe family cars are evil.