Dress Codes In Bars.

Hi everyone, Do you think dress codes in bars are too strict? Or do you think it's fair?. One of my friends got turned away for having a very tiny logo on his shirt and yet another bar had no problems with it!.

Some bars (Players springs to mind) are stupidly strict with dress codes, mate of mine had a shirt with a small logo on, the same colour as the shirt, and they turned him away, they're the only bouncers I know that turn you away though, I wear trainers all the time when I go out, jeans often a polo and never have any problems.

I wouldn't spend my money in any establishment that had any sort of dress code.

Some bars (Players springs to mind) are stupidly strict with dress codes, mate of mine had a shirt with a small logo on, the same colour as the shirt, and they turned him away, they're the only bouncers I know that turn you away though, I wear trainers all the time when I go out, jeans often a polo and never have any problems.

It's a mystery why they have a dress code. Is it because they don't want chavs in? If so, they do a terrible job.

Yes it was Playes who turned my friend away!. But they were nice about it and said it was the logo. But i find quite petty. I always thought if you are clean and tidy and smart and not wearing a hoody which i can understand why, what is the problem!. And with the recession where in at the mo. They should not turn custom away!

Hi everyone, Do you think dress codes in bars are too strict? Or do you think it's fair?. One of my friends got turned away for having a very tiny logo on his shirt and yet another bar had no problems with it!.

I know this is really bad but the 'dress code' excuse is just a reason for them not to let you into their club/bar... if they dont want you in there they will throw that at you... We were going into SOYO on a tues for a drink, two older lads were refused and the bouncers said it was students only... my friend wasnt a student so I said and they said... "Hush - we just didnt want them in"... Thats all it is... loada rubbish if you ask me!

There trying to keep the hoolies out we all know that (not bloody chavs and hoodies they go to the niche or hang around on various council estates), it's happened to me on several occasions through the years, not just in bars but in pubs aswell, wear a decent shirt and pair of jeans these days and your for it, a cap is like iraq invading.

back in the 80's we all used to wear suits when we went out

I have nothing against people wearing hoddies and caps but i can understand why they don't it allow it in bars etc, because they can't see your face on cctv. Also yeah now days people wear a shirt and jeans. So come on, go with the times!. And as long as the logo isn't offensive and in your face what's the problem!. Where all walking advertisments. What's it going to be next 2 many flowers on my dress!.

well i know you cant get in players with timberlands on

Well Pitsmoor, i know you can't!. But now i come to think of it i saw a bloke a month ago walking into players with a massive logo on his shirt, i couldn't believe what i was seeing!I bet he was a friend of the bouncers. And yet my friend got turned away because of a tiny logo!!!

Edited by ClaireTrudy

I'm begining to think now if they don't like the look of you, then they just use the dress code!