Anybody been to America?

USA must be bigger than Europe. Or maybe of equal size.

I care for little about what is happening in most European countries let alone outside it, unless some country wants to declare war on us, or their economy affects ours.

What paper did you buy? Was it local or national?

Take a look at 'world news' in the Sheffield Star. It's about 1/12th of one page.

If it was national, take a look at some of our national papers, there is little about world affairs unless they are important.

Seems like a pointless thread to me. But, fair enough.

I've been there myself and I liked it, so much so, I'm going again in 2 months. :)

You mean the Sun and the News of the Screws dont carry world news?

I am shocked :o

Yes been to america many times manly to new york :)
What's manly about going to New York

What's manly about going to New York

:hihi::hihi:

USA must be bigger than Europe. Or maybe of equal size.

They're very comparable in terms of geographical size. Europe has about double the population. Even so, with the USA having a population of approximately 300 million to itself, your points are all good ones. An American whose geography is good for an area the size of Europe but no bigger, will only know about his own country; whereas a European in the same position would know his entire continent.

If you don't like America, don't go there. I'm sure they will get over it.

I have a house in Florida, a house in Mississippi, a house in Germany and a house somewhere else.

I worked hard, I saved my money and I bought those houses. My choice.

Anytime YOU want to buy 4 houses, go ahead and do it. Nobody will stop you.

But nobody will give you a house for free either (unless you live in the UK.)

Is any part of this relevant to the OP or any subsequent comments?

Is any part of this relevant to the OP or any subsequent comments?

The first line, possibly. Most of the rest appears to be just an opportunity to flaunt his success.

Edited by millhouses24

Edited by millhouses24

The first line, possibly. Most of the rest appears to be just an opportunity to flaunt his success.

Even the first line isn't. The OP didn't say he didn't like the US or the people that live there. He was only commenting on their knowledge of foreign affairs. Which to be fair, is a common cliché or maybe well known truism.

Which is all most Americans are really interested in, it's the American dream.

I love America, I visit there whenever I can :)

Sure there are stupid americans who don't know anything about current affairs. But look at british people :D You saying there are no stupid british people? The other day my friend asked me what 'sneer' meant.

Which is all most Americans are really interested in, it's the American dream.

More accurately their job security in the present economic climate. Will they get laid off?

How is the stock market affecting their retirement funds?

Will local cost cutting measures mean that their children may have to learn in larger size classes due to teacher layoffs?

Will they be able to afford to send their kids to college after they leave high school?

If there is a layoff at work will they be able to keep up the house morgage payments instead of their home going into foreclosure?

Taking the above into consideration and tha fact that probably at least one of these factors is currently preoccupying the average American these days who the hell cares what's going on anywhere else?

Following international news is for old retired farts like me who have paid off their homes, seen the kids grow up and support themselves and have a pretty secure pension funds to enable them to live the good and idle life

Edited by Harleyman