What's happened to the male sex drive?!

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

Blokey goes into shut down as he sees nagging negative critical woman with body parts heading south as Nemesis not soul mate anymore.

IMO :D

Maybe the women just get gradually fed up with looking after a grown adult who should be able to take care of themselves?

And of course men all become infinately more attractive as they age :hihi:

maybe if we are too demanding of our men in other areas then the sex drive does go.

i.e if they do ironing duties/cooking/cleaning/shopping/have their chests waxed etc...

Originally posted by samc

maybe if we are too demanding of our men in other areas then the sex drive does go.

i.e if they do ironing duties/cooking/cleaning/shopping/have their chests waxed etc...

lool would you really want to see a waxed chest :suspect:

Maybe sometimes being married just makes you feel like part of the furniture..... same place, same face.. :gag: spice is the food of life;)

Id sit and have a cuddle anyday, im a big softie i love hugs..;) from the right people....routine kills.... and so does one way love, you have to love and be loved back for things to work.

Not interested in sex more than once a week? Is someone taking the smelly water here?

More like - not tonight luv - I have a headache or its that time of month, or the little uns kept me up all night ... er ... and all day ... or - and so on.

Heck! Sex more than once a week - what a treat. Hmmmm!

Dragon

Originally posted by medusa666

Having gone through over 2 years now without a cuddle, kiss or any other kind of affection (and I'm married!) I now feel about as attractive as a dead slug, even though I look pretty much the same as when he told me I was sexy 8 years ago when we met.

Would give more than I care to say for any kind of attention, be it cuddles or more. Personally I think that cuddles can be more intimate than sex and have their own place- neither better nor worse- just different and equally valuable in a relationship.

This is so sad ,I think you ought to give your other half a ultimatum,either pull their finger outor your going to find someone who will.

I really dont understand why you stay in a relationship like this,you need to move on.

its the memory that fades......sorry love, not tonight,cant think of any one :thumbsup:

Originally posted by intooblivion

It really is true! Men just don't want it as much as they used to. Sex used to be the woman's power, now men have learnt to deny us thus taking away the only power we have. Ho ho just joking.

I only need it 3 times a day...........bugger

Originally posted by royjames

This is so sad ,I think you ought to give your other half a ultimatum,either pull their finger outor your going to find someone who will.

I really dont understand why you stay in a relationship like this,you need to move on.

I gave him the ultimatum 6 months ago when my doctor started talking to me about antidepressants, and nothing changed, so I have taken the decision that alone is preferable to lonely in company.

We will be splitting up as soon as everything can be separated (he needs a bank account and a life to go to- I'm keeping the house, it was mine for years before we met) and I'm hoping that everything will feel a little less empty afterwards.

It's not really what I want (I'd prefer a functional marriage) but one person can't change another's behaviour, they have to do it themselves.

Thank you for your honest reaction. Sometimes it is easier to believe that it's me being too needy that leads to my unhappiness, rather than a situation that would cause unhappiness in many people.

Originally posted by medusa666

I gave him the ultimatum 6 months ago when my doctor started talking to me about antidepressants, and nothing changed, so I have taken the decision that alone is preferable to lonely in company.

We will be splitting up as soon as everything can be separated (he needs a bank account and a life to go to- I'm keeping the house, it was mine for years before we met) and I'm hoping that everything will feel a little less empty afterwards.

It's not really what I want (I'd prefer a functional marriage) but one person can't change another's behaviour, they have to do it themselves.

Thank you for your honest reaction. Sometimes it is easier to believe that it's me being too needy that leads to my unhappiness, rather than a situation that would cause unhappiness in many people.

I totaly understand what your going through, its no good loving someone if there no love in return, it takes two for a marrage to work, athough splitting up is never easy, where do you go ?what do you do, sometimes living and feeling alone while you live with someone is better than having nothing at all...some people might find that it sounds strange but what else can you do, when you have no money, no family and know your gonna be on the streets.... good luck medusa666.

If a person wants they can change themselves, and if the marriage or relationship is important enough then that change will be genuine.

Depression is one reason for a failure to achieve this, but that does not mean the person does not love you. What it can mean is that they are incapable of understanding how to deal with this emotion and may well require the kind of help you cannot get from the doctors.

If it is worth saving then fight to save it. Just giving up is not the answer.

Dragon

It's not just the sex drive that's diminishing in men anyway. How many young men can grow beards these days? Who refers to the 'five o' clock shadow' any more?

No one, cos it doesn't exist.

The sad truth is, men are turning into women! And it's our own fault for all taking the pill. Damn hormones....