Dhanistha-New Indian-Srilankan restaurant

I have posted before about this place, but I really wanted to say again how fab it is. Went again last night and the food just seems to get better. Things seem a lot more organised now, obviously well over their teething troubles. Food was inspiring, very well cooked, really different and totally delicious, oh, nearly forgot.....cheap......fab, love this place !!

Nice one for the voucher although I dont really mind paying full price! Went in yesterday for my tea and good as ever. They are planning to start opening 7 days soon too.

Nice one for the voucher although I dont really mind paying full price! Went in yesterday for my tea and good as ever. They are planning to start opening 7 days soon too.

Yeah - to be fair even when paying full price there the food is excellent value for money.

This place is amazing, great value for money, the staff are all really welcoming and the food tastes sooooo good! I had the green banana curry...delicious! Will definitely go back.

Give this south Indian restaurant on london road a big miss...have ventured there twice(why i went there a second time around-god only knows) but have still not eaten there at all...the first time around-we were shown to a table with really dirty table cloth and made to wait an hour and a half and even the starters had not arrived by then.the manager did not even have the decency to inform us or apologise.It had become so late by then that my daughter got very uneasy and we had to leave without eating.after a lot of deliberation i went there this evening after having booked a table( a big mistake, i soon realised).When we reached there,we were informed that our table was on the first floor...we asked for a table downstairs and they refused even though there was a table for four(we were a party of three) and the restaurant was not particularly crowded.We even said that we would manage with a table for 2 with an extra chair.But they refused and we went upstairs to be seated next to a dirty window sill.We refused and asked to be sat downstairs(decent decor downstairs and there were actually people eating).The manager came and told us that we could sit downstairs but had to vacate within the hour..again no apologies...It seems like the manager had an agenda..all the posh people downstairs and all the desi crowd upstairs..we decided that enough was enough and went to Ashoka's in eccellsall road...great restaurant,very professional and good value for money too...So give this restaurant 'Dhanishta' a big big miss...

Check out the KGB deal.....

http://www.kgbdeals.co.uk/sheffield

£10 for £30 food at Dhanistha's.

Just bought mine!

Well, I am ever-so-slightly annoyed that this deal was so popular that I am going to have to wait until July if I want to use my voucher on a Fri/Sat night. Perhaps Shefboy is trash-talking the place so that he can get in when he wants next time?

went last week, have to say the food was amazing, and the service very friendly and quick.

@PeteM01..I had bought a KGB deal as well just a couple of days ago and was able to reserve a table without problems for a friday night(in fact yesterday night).So your claim of not getting a reservation till july is incredulous. I contacted KGB today and they have agreed to refund the money i paid for the deal.I certainly have no hidden agenda to rubbish dhanishta's. Other people might have had a good experience with this place but i certainly have not( and certainly not my young daughter whom I had to take out of the restaurant hungry and in tears).

@PeteM01..I had bought a KGB deal as well just a couple of days ago and was able to reserve a table without problems for a friday night(in fact yesterday night).So your claim of not getting a reservation till july is incredulous. I contacted KGB today and they have agreed to refund the money i paid for the deal.I certainly have no hidden agenda to rubbish dhanishta's. Other people might have had a good experience with this place but i certainly have not( and certainly not my young daughter whom I had to take out of the restaurant hungry and in tears).

Sorry, should have added 'lol' to my last post - it was not intended to be serious. Except for the bit about Fri/Sat nights - I was definitely incredulous!

Well, I am ever-so-slightly annoyed that this deal was so popular that I am going to have to wait until July if I want to use my voucher on a Fri/Sat night. Perhaps Shefboy is trash-talking the place so that he can get in when he wants next time?

Ooooo - that's annoying! Was hoping to go one weekend soon. Oh well a mid-week treat is always a bonus!