What's going on on Abbeydale/Glover Road?

It's not a new Doughnut shop that has opened is it ?

What on earth does that have to do with anything?

Thanks ShirleyJay, that's so sad though.

Smithy266, as I said in my thread, it was about 9am...I was late for work.

What on earth does that have to do with anything?

he was tryin to be funny by making a light hearted joke regarding how much police like doughunts and that if it were a new doughnut shop then that would explain the high police precence thats all. :hihi:

he was tryin to be funny by making a light hearted joke regarding how much police like doughunts and that if it were a new doughnut shop then that would explain the high police precence thats all. :hihi:

Very succinctly put, as usual dear girl. :)

Very succinctly put, as usual dear girl. :)

aww why thankyou i do try :D

Am I losing my mind, or didn't this thread say Sharrowvale a few minutes ago ??? :confused::confused:

bad people doing bad things in a bad area. same as usual.

Could you explain what you think makes this a "bad area"..? Or do you mean that particular spot? I live round the corner from the Rude Shipyard and I know they've had some trouble with local youths but I've been here for 8 years or so and I've never really encountered any real trouble. Admitted, it's not the most salubrious neighbourhood in Shef - and it's a bit tatty in parts - but I don't think it's a bad one either. Oh, and I'm not jumping on you, I genuinely want to know why you think that. Thanks.

Anyone know what happened at Gelders? I drove past there yesterday morning and saw the police van and the police tape across the forecourt. I hope nothing's happened to any of the staff as I have had nothing but positive experiences when taking my car there - they're all really sound.

Could you explain what you think makes this a "bad area"..? Or do you mean that particular spot? I live round the corner from the Rude Shipyard and I know they've had some trouble with local youths but I've been here for 8 years or so and I've never really encountered any real trouble. Admitted, it's not the most salubrious neighbourhood in Shef - and it's a bit tatty in parts - but I don't think it's a bad one either. Oh, and I'm not jumping on you, I genuinely want to know why you think that. Thanks.

'Bad area' usually means an area where most of the people aren't white. That explains why Sharrow and parts of Nether Edge are 'bad areas' but Gleadless, Manor, Parsons Cross, Arbourthorne, Norfolk Park, etc etc aren't. Every other statistic seems to suggest overwise, but oh well.

According to local gossip, someone was stabbed in the head around Fieldhead Road. And then around the same time around the corner, there was a car accident. A car crashed into a bus and the car driver had some head injuries.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Police-probe-stab-attack.6437451.jp

i live in nether edge and certainly do not class it as a "bad" area - whatever that means!!!

There definitely are two Nether Edges, there is the culturally diverse Nether Edge along Abbeydale Road and the well to do Nether Edge up the hill, around Kenwood Hall, Sharrow Head, the hospital..