No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson - Pc Harwood found not guilty.

Well, the plot thickens, I wonder how much more evidence they need / want before the first pathologist's findings are dismissed.

The pathologist at the heart of the decision not to prosecute over the death of a man at the G20 protests should not have been registered to investigate suspicious deaths.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11015705

The first pathologist has now been found to be irresponsible by a General Medical Council enquiry.

The charges against him related to earlier unconnected incidents but interestingly one involved him altering the cause of death to suit a third party.

It just gets worse and worse, the entire episode is screaming "whitewash".

The pathologist who botched a post-mortem examination of G20 news-paper vendor Ian Tomlinson was today found guilty of a series of failures in other death investigations.

Dr Mohamed “Freddy” Patel, 63, behaved “irresponsibly”, a General Medical Council disciplinary panel ruled. He could now be struck off.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23870766-g20-pathologist-dr-patel-irresponsible-on-other-post-mortems.do

The first pathologist has now been found to be irresponsible by a General Medical Council enquiry.

The charges against him related to earlier unconnected incidents but interestingly one involved him altering the cause of death to suit a third party.

If you yourself admit the charges are unconnected to Tomlinson's death, why are you insinuating that there's been some kind of whitewash? Just because the pathologist may have made an error in an entirely separate post-mortem doesn't mean there was anything wrong with his post-mortem on Tomlinson.

No matter how many times you drag up this old thread, the story hasn't changed. No criminal charges will be brought against the policeman involved in the Tomlinson incident, and rightly so!

Just because the pathologist may have made an error in an entirely separate post-mortem doesn't mean there was anything wrong with his post-mortem on Tomlinson.

Quite, though the facts in relation to this autopsy don't support that view.

The police specifically withheld the information as to how Mr.Tomlinson recieved his injuries, so the pathologist had no frame of reference as to how he might have died. The IPCC were refused entry to oversee the autopsy.

Two other independant and "competant" pathologists reached an entirely different conclusion.

No matter how many times you drag up this old thread, the story hasn't changed. No criminal charges will be brought against the policeman involved in the Tomlinson incident, and rightly so!

I don't believe it was "rightly so", that should be for a jury to decide.

Edited by Magilla

The pathologist who botched a post-mortem examination of G20 news-paper vendor Ian Tomlinson was today found guilty of a series of failures in other death investigations.

Dr Mohamed “Freddy” Patel, 63, behaved “irresponsibly”, a General Medical Council disciplinary panel ruled. He could now be struck off.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23870766-g20-pathologist-dr-patel-irresponsible-on-other-post-mortems.do

It would be interesting to see figures on the performance/record of foreign doctors because two doctors who are today in the public eye are 'Dr Mohamed “Freddy” Patel' and the doctor from Germany who gave a massive overdose to a UK patient on his first shift.

We had to demand a second opinion at Chesterfield hospital after an Asian Doctor diagnosed my Mother in law to be suffering from "Lack of confidence" because she was falling (she'd suffered a stroke 3 years earlier that's why she was falling).

A couple of years later in the same hospital a far eastern Lady Doctor was going to prescribe my Mother in law an 'Enema' (She had suspected 'Bowel Cancer') a nurse commented "That would have been a costly court case for the Hospital" had my wife and I not prevented the doctor who had obviously not read the notes.

If you yourself admit the charges are unconnected to Tomlinson's death, why are you insinuating that there's been some kind of whitewash? Just because the pathologist may have made an error in an entirely separate post-mortem doesn't mean there was anything wrong with his post-mortem on Tomlinson.

I don't want to seem pedantic (but I suppose it will be ) ..wasn't it 3 separate post mortems that the Doc. was accused of "fumbling" ?